Author Topic: Had to upgrade my bass pedal. Trick Pro1-V. I am plum crazy.  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Purpledc

Had to upgrade my bass pedal. Trick Pro1-V. I am plum crazy.
« on: September 08, 2018, 08:38:07 AM »
Well, I ordered a CNC pedal from china and it sucked beyond sucking.  So I decided my favorite holiday is Halloween.  My favorite color has always been purple. So, always unable to decide between a Trick or Treat,  I just decided to Treat myself to a Trick.  Smoothest pedal I have ever played.

Offline AlanK

Re: Had to upgrade my bass pedal. Trick Pro1-V. I am plum crazy.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 03:09:41 PM »
Ah, now the name is making sense! Woah! Those pedals are friggin' incredible! Terminator, Rise of the Double Kick Pedals  :)

Absolutely stunning, your setup is amazing and those pedals rock big time.. well done, sir, well done!
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 06:50:56 PM »
Nice!!!
I bought my previous bass pedals in the early 80’s, boy-o-boy have things changed! I think my Tama Titan pedals were around $40-$50 US each. I’d love to try something like that sometime.

Offline Purpledc

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 10:06:34 PM »
Ah, now the name is making sense! Woah! Those pedals are friggin' incredible! Terminator, Rise of the Double Kick Pedals  :)

Absolutely stunning, your setup is amazing and those pedals rock big time.. well done, sir, well done!

Thanks.  Yeah, purple has always been my favorite color. And Purpledc actually stands for a purple DC400 carvin guitar I had made.  It stuck ever since.   This thing has been a lot of fun to put together. 

Nice!!!
I bought my previous bass pedals in the early 80’s, boy-o-boy have things changed! I think my Tama Titan pedals were around $40-$50 US each. I’d love to try something like that sometime.

Yeah. Truth be told they are WAYYYY above anything I could utilize.  But I have a soft spot for CNC machining and anything purple.  A $50 dollar pedal is probably all I should have considering my skill level.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:09:41 PM by Purpledc »

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 01:22:43 AM »
I used to play acoustic drums wayyyyyy back in the '80s and I had the absolute worst, no name pedal you could find. It broke just about every other day and I swore that if I ever had another kit, I would own the best pedal I could find.
Fast forward to around 2014 and I bought a  DM6 which I quickly upgraded with a DM10 module and extra, dual zone pads and extra cymbals.
I then added a set of Pearl demon drives with quick torque cams on 2 of the bass pads and, since I have a several multi pads included in my set up, I added 2 Trick BigFoot pedals and a Tama speed cobra to round out 5 bass pads.
I have several other pedals that I switch in and out depending on my mood....2 Dualists, an Iron cobra Junior double bass set, 2 speed cobras, 2 Pearl power shifters that I got used but like new with a brand new Gibraltar drum throne for $20.00 at a yard sale, and a Cannon twin effect pedal.
The Demon drives are my current favorite pedals and they are on the DM10 running through Superior Drummer 3 and one of the Tricks are on my Yamaha Multi12 pad.
I can get quicker doubles and triplets on the Demon Drives then I can on the Tricks but that could be because of the Quick Torque cams on them .
I've also tried the after market spring kits on the Tricks but the Demons are still quicker...for me anyway.
Hope you enjoy the new pedals they are amazing and built like tanks. I wish I had gotten the Black Widows but that purple is cool too!

powerhouse

Offline rhysT

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 07:39:52 PM »

Thanks.  Yeah, purple has always been my favorite color. And Purpledc actually stands for a purple DC400 carvin guitar I had made.  It stuck ever since.   This thing has been a lot of fun to put together. 

Impressive custom design Tim (http://www.carvinmuseum.com/playersgallery/dc400.html) and drum shells with a similar finish would look cool.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 05:09:02 AM by rhysT »

Offline Purpledc

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 07:30:07 AM »

Impressive custom design Tim (http://www.carvinmuseum.com/playersgallery/dc400.html) and drum shells with a similar finish would look cool.

I plan on replacing the toms with jobeky toms.  The alesis module will mostly likely stay as I haven't found anything I am quite as happy with.  That guitar though was not a good guitar.  Looked beautiful but sounded and played horrible. But it did look good I have to admit.

Offline Purpledc

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 07:40:38 AM »
I used to play acoustic drums wayyyyyy back in the '80s and I had the absolute worst, no name pedal you could find. It broke just about every other day and I swore that if I ever had another kit, I would own the best pedal I could find.
Fast forward to around 2014 and I bought a  DM6 which I quickly upgraded with a DM10 module and extra, dual zone pads and extra cymbals.
I then added a set of Pearl demon drives with quick torque cams on 2 of the bass pads and, since I have a several multi pads included in my set up, I added 2 Trick BigFoot pedals and a Tama speed cobra to round out 5 bass pads.
I have several other pedals that I switch in and out depending on my mood....2 Dualists, an Iron cobra Junior double bass set, 2 speed cobras, 2 Pearl power shifters that I got used but like new with a brand new Gibraltar drum throne for $20.00 at a yard sale, and a Cannon twin effect pedal.
The Demon drives are my current favorite pedals and they are on the DM10 running through Superior Drummer 3 and one of the Tricks are on my Yamaha Multi12 pad.
I can get quicker doubles and triplets on the Demon Drives then I can on the Tricks but that could be because of the Quick Torque cams on them .
I've also tried the after market spring kits on the Tricks but the Demons are still quicker...for me anyway.
Hope you enjoy the new pedals they are amazing and built like tanks. I wish I had gotten the Black Widows but that purple is cool too!

powerhouse

The quick torque cams seem pretty cool. Im sure that does change things a bit as far as being able to get fast doubles.  I checked out the demon drives. But all the examples I found had some play in the moving parts that felt sloppy to me.  I compared new ones to old ones that were used and I just didn't want my pedals to eventually become the same way.  The tricks probably aren't even as fast as axis pedals. But axis also have issues for longevity.   There are lots of gadgets to improve speed on certain pedals. Chris adler uses a foot pedal thing on his tricks for faster speeds.  Im gonna stick with it for awhile stock.

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 04:06:17 AM »
Chris Adler uses VRUK pedal attachments.
I have 2 of them and switch them around on different pedals. They seem to work best on my Speed Cobra's. 
I've tried them in conjunction with the Quick Torque cams but the pedal became almost uncontrollable.
I haven't noticed any unwanted play in my Demon Drives....yet.
I seriously want to try an Axis pedal but there are too many different models  i.e. A vs. X, sabre, long board vs. short and the various artist endorsed models plus there are no stores around me that carry any of them, so it would be almost impossible to try them all to find out the one that I like the best.

powerhouse

Offline Purpledc

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 09:45:27 PM »
Chris Adler uses VRUK pedal attachments.
I have 2 of them and switch them around on different pedals. They seem to work best on my Speed Cobra's. 
I've tried them in conjunction with the Quick Torque cams but the pedal became almost uncontrollable.
I haven't noticed any unwanted play in my Demon Drives....yet.
I seriously want to try an Axis pedal but there are too many different models  i.e. A vs. X, sabre, long board vs. short and the various artist endorsed models plus there are no stores around me that carry any of them, so it would be almost impossible to try them all to find out the one that I like the best.

powerhouse

Ill be perfectly honest.  Had I done more research I probably would have got the axis A21 Laser.  They seem to have the best features of the entire line combined with insanely large footboards.