Author Topic: New Alesis Crimson II user here ,  (Read 2110 times)

New Alesis Crimson II user here ,
« on: October 24, 2019, 02:22:18 PM »
Hello Alesis board.  good to see there are more of us !

My name is Jeroen from the Netherlands.
I just bought and setup a New CrimSon II set.
still playing with it and wrestling with the ideal setup and hi-hat half open setting .

hope to make some pics soon.

Re: New Alesis Crimson II user here ,
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 12:53:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
DM10X mesh/foam conversion, Trigger IO, 8 piece, 7 cymbals, Roland Hi-Hat, Laurin Snare, Roland Rim Trigger, Addictive Drummer 2

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 11:29:11 AM »
Welcome aboard JeroenTune!

Offline Liko

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 04:07:34 PM »
I rearrange my kit about once a month. Sometimes it's set up in a regular fashion and other times, like now, it's wrapped around my congas providing alternative percussion sounds.

I ended up getting a couple of extension cables to be able to move some of the pieces around (I like the hi hat on my right).

Enjoy your new kit!

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 12:07:58 PM »
after 3 months it was time to reorganise my set and make some room for a 4th tom.

I took it all appart and rebuilt again. made a nice cable plan and start building it up again.

I use a Sonos zoneplayer for my music. i controll the imput music with my phone.  the mix with music and drum module sound goes into my Fiio headphone amplifier and than to my KZ KS6 in ear monitors. i use a long 3 meter headphone extention cable that i snake arround my toms and snare and the connector is hanging under my snare so no wire problems anymore.

ooh yeah ... i am a lefty ...

Offline stevewa

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 01:13:52 PM »
What's the plexi-glass shelf that you phone is sitting on? Is that something you made or did you buy it someplace?

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 04:56:16 AM »
Hahaha. yeah i made that myself .  just a piece of plexiglass. i think 2 mm thick. .
I used 3M double sided stickers on the bottom of the module. the glass is resting on the drumrack so its pretty stable. than i added those rubber phone holder for in cars . this works perfect.

THe Fiio headphone amplifier is a must .. the sound of the module is ok .. but the Fiio is transfer it into live sound and a lot louder if you like.  it gives you the pressure just as a real accoustic drum set.

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 09:13:10 PM »
I love the phone holder. It's super cool
Hey I'm Andrea, founder, and owner https://zerotodrum.com, a website dedicated to Alesis Drum Sets

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 08:19:29 AM »
thank you Andrea ! its a simple perspex plastic that i attached to the bottom of the module using 3M double sided tape.

today my snare pad stoped working .. wow. 6 months old. . lucky that i read the posts here about how to check and after opening it up it, the failure was very clear.. solderpoint came lose from the sensor.  this wire tention was amazing, so tight .. WHY ?  no wonder this brakes easy . i remover the whole cable and soldered a new longer better cable.  also for the rim sensor.  working perfect again. 

while it was open i decided to cover the red side of the pad with a wood design wrap. just to see how that looks.  and ... it looks great.. i might resolder all the wires on all pads and wrap them all in wood design.  i still need to think of what kind of wood color and design i would like.

Jeroen.