Author Topic: Laurin Snare on Alesis Crimson II Module  (Read 1201 times)

Laurin Snare on Alesis Crimson II Module
« on: June 13, 2020, 11:17:28 AM »
Hi everyone,

I just recently bought a custom made e-snare drum from Laurin to run on Alesis Crimson II. Was wondering if anyone here having the same setup as me? So far I have been running into problems with the snare getting double trigger and missing notes when playing? I have been tinkering the Threshold, XTalk and Retrigger Cancel but the doesnt change anything at all.

I notice that the trigger at the centre of the snare seems to raise a bit higher to the surface so that might be the case.

Appreciate any suggestion and help! Cheers!

Offline Chaser

Re: Laurin Snare on Alesis Crimson II Module
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 11:39:11 AM »
Hi everyone,

I just recently bought a custom made e-snare drum from Laurin to run on Alesis Crimson II. Was wondering if anyone here having the same setup as me? So far I have been running into problems with the snare getting double trigger and missing notes when playing? I have been tinkering the Threshold, XTalk and Retrigger Cancel but the doesnt change anything at all.

I notice that the trigger at the centre of the snare seems to raise a bit higher to the surface so that might be the case.

Appreciate any suggestion and help! Cheers!

Have you tried contacting Laurin?
According to this post... the correct module settings for the Crimson is sent to the buyer..
Crimson II module is basically the same except for some MIDI..

https://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=5358.msg50923#msg50923

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 12:37:55 PM »
Hi there. I forgot to mention that I followed the setting in the instruction he sent me but doesnt seems to work smoothly. I did ask him about this and he mentions how Crimson II is the hardest module to get his snare to work properly and tell me to keep adjusting the Threshold and Retrigger Cancel. I spent an hour adjusting those setting number by number and test but didnt get any better result, hence why I come here to ask if anyone having the same issue like me.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 03:49:03 PM »
Hi Antaka, just seeing this post. I bought a snare and a kick from Laurin years ago. I believe I had some issues with the kick double triggering (and still do sometimes).. if I recall, I ended up opening it up and moving the cone over a bit.. I don't think it was right under where the mallets would hit (that'd destroy it pretty quick) but I think I had to move it a few more inches away (up, down, will have to go have a look) to help with re-triggering.. also did change the sensitivity and all that to make them work better with my DM10.

Curious which pattern you picked? I do like them both compared to the stock DM10X pads and makes the kit look more like an acoustic (I can't afford the Strike models yet). I just inherited a bunch of Hart mesh heads from a friend so I'm planning on replacing the black stock mesh that Laurin uses (I think he may offer white now but mine came with black mesh.. I have white on the rest of my pads so I'd prefer it to all match.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers