Author Topic: Question about repairing DM6 bass pedal trigger  (Read 1894 times)

Question about repairing DM6 bass pedal trigger
« on: January 24, 2017, 04:57:29 PM »
Hey, guys hows it going?

I recently broke the piezo on my DM6 bass pedal and replaced it with one from ebay but I still can't get the thing to work and it's driving me insane.
I've got it soldered the exact same way it was before. If I plug in any other input eg. snare, ride, tom it works fine without issue. But if I plug in the kick line then I can't get an output at all!
I've tried it with the pad mode and the switch mode and both don't work. I know the Kick line output is also fine because it works if I plug it into the high hat control.

Anybody ever experienced anything like this?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:12:34 AM by spike148 »

Offline Dobly

Re: Question about repairing DM6 bass pedal trigger
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 08:56:24 PM »
There is really not much to these drum triggers.

Inside there is a piezo transducer. A small device that when struck generates a small electrical charge..

The piezo has two wires coming off it. It is is not working then most likely there is an issue with your wiring. You can check this with a multimeter or some trial and error.

Try this..

Put the cable from another pad into the bass drum. Any sound?

Next put the bass drums cable into one of the other pads. Any Sound?

If the cable for the bass drum works in another pad then you know the issue is inside the pad. See if you can open it up and check that the 2 wires from the piezo are connected to the back of the TSR plug.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:05:53 PM by Dobly »

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 01:27:45 AM »
Hey there thanks for the reply.
If I plug the tom line into the bass drum it will produce sound. If I plug the bass drum cable into another pad it will also produce sound.
The two of them just don't seem to want to work together, which leads me to believe that it's and issue with the DM6 module itself but I know for a fact that it was working properly before the piezo physically broke.

Very strange..
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:29:42 AM by spike148 »

Offline Dobly

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 07:16:53 AM »
Damn that is very odd.. Not sure what that could be sorry.. Could be that one the leads is faulty, and only started working when you moved it to another drum.