Author Topic: GoEdrum High Hat Controller with Command module  (Read 2267 times)

GoEdrum High Hat Controller with Command module
« on: January 26, 2021, 11:26:43 PM »
This may have already been covered but does anyone know if the GoEdrum high hat controller will work with the Command Mesh module. The stock kit comes with a continuous control pedal, but it doesn’t really work that great.  Also Drum-Tec makes a module very similar looking to the GoEdrum but it’s twice the cost, any difference or just branding?

Offline Chaser

Re: GoEdrum High Hat Controller with Command module
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 11:43:59 PM »
This may have already been covered but does anyone know if the GoEdrum high hat controller will work with the Command Mesh module. The stock kit comes with a continuous control pedal, but it doesn’t really work that great.  Also Drum-Tec makes a module very similar looking to the GoEdrum but it’s twice the cost, any difference or just branding?

The Realhat pedal is standard issue for all Alesis kits using a continuos/variable pedal.
Make sure you get the correct GoEdrum controller.
GoEdrum now has a Hi Hat controller specifically for Alesis.
There used to be just one version (GHC/Roland) and users would make it work..now there are 3..Roland(GHC),Alesis (GHC-AN) and Yamaha(GHC-Y)

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 12:45:26 AM »
Ok. That’s helps a lot thanks. I’m gonna give it a try

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 04:30:19 PM »
Can an Alesis 10 inch cymbal single zone be used with the GoEdrum GHC-AN controller?  Thank you!

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 06:59:44 PM »
Can an Alesis 10 inch cymbal single zone be used with the GoEdrum GHC-AN controller?  Thank you!

The cymbal and the controller are separate inputs...what you watch for is how the Hi Hat clutch presses down on the controller....if you are going to use the Alesis 10" it is not centered as far as the hole goes...the cymbal is offset..Hi Hat cymbals are usually flat underneath around the hole/mounting for the clutch so the cymbal itself stays flat/parallel when used on a stand.

The Alesis 10" is round/bell shaped for pivoting on a cymbal arm as it wasn't meant for a Hi Hat stand.
Sometimes the foam for the clutch can help level it out when tightening or it may tilt a bit or add more foam.

I checked one of the 11" I have here and some clutches...it won't fit unless you drill out the hole to a larger size and the bottom of the clutch (depending on the clutch) runs into the trigger box and the trigger box will probably run into the GoEdrum controller body.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention if you have the Command module it is a variation (different firmware) of the Medeli DD650 check and see if the Hi Hat is dual zone..
if it is you may consider a dual zone cymbal
see this topicAlesis Crimson DUAL ZONE Hi Hat
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 07:23:31 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 07:24:57 PM »
Thanks for clarifying and your reply.  I hadn't thought of the mounting of the Alesis crash I'm using for my HH on my Command Mesh with Strike module.  It's mounted on a cymbal arm, as you know and described.  Amazon has this as a recommendation with the GoEdrum HH controller.

https://www.amazon.com/Pintech-Percussion-TC14-Trigger-Cymbal/dp/B0002F78O4/ref=pd_bxgy_2/146-9763608-4249735?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0002F78O4&pd_rd_r=f91bc783-4e07-4ed7-bce0-8f3c22faa5fb&pd_rd_w=hIipm&pd_rd_wg=D0tVy&pf_rd_p=f325d01c-4658-4593-be83-3e12ca663f0e&pf_rd_r=S8PK0SJ58B1A39QBSG5V&psc=1&refRID=S8PK0SJ58B1A39QBSG5V

Will that work? It's only $45. Thank you. 

Offline Chaser

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 09:12:13 PM »
Thanks for clarifying and your reply.  I hadn't thought of the mounting of the Alesis crash I'm using for my HH on my Command Mesh with Strike module.  It's mounted on a cymbal arm, as you know and described.  Amazon has this as a recommendation with the GoEdrum HH controller.

https://www.amazon.com/Pintech-Percussion-TC14-Trigger-Cymbal/dp/B0002F78O4/ref=pd_bxgy_2/146-9763608-4249735?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0002F78O4&pd_rd_r=f91bc783-4e07-4ed7-bce0-8f3c22faa5fb&pd_rd_w=hIipm&pd_rd_wg=D0tVy&pf_rd_p=f325d01c-4658-4593-be83-3e12ca663f0e&pf_rd_r=S8PK0SJ58B1A39QBSG5V&psc=1&refRID=S8PK0SJ58B1A39QBSG5V

Will that work? It's only $45. Thank you.

The STRIKE Module supports a dual zone Hi Hat...so using a TC Cymbal you would lose a zone..

Pintech TC series are single zone only..made of a cheaper material "These electronic cymbals are made of a virtually indestructible polymer"..that is why the price is so low.

Pintech PC Series are made of better material "Made from the same material as bullet proof glass and riot shields"... have options for single thru triple zone including choke and a dual zone ride with bell and come with an Aquarian cymbal spring

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 02:07:42 PM »

@PNWDrummer  Did that GoEdrum controller work out for you? I'm curious. I have the Command X module and I would like a better hi-hat controller. It's a bummer that Alesis's own Pro-X doesn't work on the Command module.