Author Topic: Snagged a crimson set, what are my options?  (Read 1919 times)

Offline ironman187

Snagged a crimson set, what are my options?
« on: June 16, 2018, 05:57:53 PM »
As the title says, I snagged a crimson set that someone was giving away. I have an OG dm10 with the surge symbols, can I combine the two kits and modules?

Offline rhysT

Re: Snagged a crimson set, what are my options?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 06:50:37 AM »
As the title says, I snagged a crimson set that someone was giving away. I have an OG dm10 with the surge symbols, can I combine the two kits and modules?

Check out some info in this related topic:
http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=7337.msg49937#msg49937

Offline ironman187

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 07:52:37 AM »
I was actually more curious to know if I could use crimson pads with my DM 10 since they are clearly different. However, I decided to set the crimson up for my 9 year old so she has something that fits her. and I won't have to move things up and down when playing after her. I am toying with the idea of swapping one of my DM10 10 inch pads with the 12 inch pad from the Crimson set for a floor tom. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 07:57:49 AM by ironman187 »

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 01:55:45 AM »
Very cool!
If you ever decide to try it, you can set up the Crimson kit with the DM10 as a kit with many pads.

Use both modules and, if you want to hear DM10 sounds from any of your Crimson pads, change the midi note for that pad to one of the 'free' notes in the DM10 and assign whatever sound you like. See rhysT's link for more info.

I daydream about that in this post - just know that a Crimson kit is essentially a Command kit
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist

Offline ironman187

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 02:04:52 AM »
Very cool!
If you ever decide to try it, you can set up the Crimson kit with the DM10 as a kit with many pads.

Use both modules and, if you want to hear DM10 sounds from any of your Crimson pads, change the midi note for that pad to one of the 'free' notes in the DM10 and assign whatever sound you like. See rhysT's link for more info.

I daydream about that in this post - just know that a Crimson kit is essentially a Command kit

My DM10 already has 2 8" toms, 2 10" toms, and a 14" diy snare, and I'm happy with that. I'm a novice drummer, and don't have plans to play anything that necessitates more pads. I would like to add a surge crash or two to it, then it will be complete. I actually did swap some of the rack tubes and all the tom rack mounts. With my DIY hihat stand (i'm uploading the photots for a DIY post as I type this, I now have an extra rack mount cymbal arm and anti-rotating piece for a 3rd surge. The crimson module is meh to me. it only has hihat open and closed, and the sounds aren't much better than the DM10. However, it will be great for a beginner since it's pretty much plug and play unlike the DM10 module.