Laboratory > VST, MIDI, & Recording

GarageBand connection to Command Kit

(1/2) > >>

Gregsen:
Having a problem getting GarageBand to find my Command kit through the midi connection. It provides an option for connecting Bluetooth midi devices but I have mine connected through a midi usb cable. Has anyone else connected a Command kit to GarageBand on an iPad?

Appreciate any help.

Chaser:

--- Quote from: Gregsen on March 29, 2020, 11:48:34 AM ---Having a problem getting GarageBand to find my Command kit through the midi connection. It provides an option for connecting Bluetooth midi devices but I have mine connected through a midi usb cable. Has anyone else connected a Command kit to GarageBand?

Appreciate any help.

--- End quote ---

iOS?...macOS?...OS versions?
You are using a 5 pin to USB MIDI cable?
The Command module is Class Complaint(drivers) using a standard USB cable.
It is not necassary to use a 5 pin to USB cable if that is what you are using.
If you are using macOS Catalina there was a compatability chart recently released and instructions on driver installation
https://www.alesis.com/kb/article/2480#classcompliant

Gregsen:
I am connecting an ipad(lightening to usb adaptor) to the Command kit ( usb to midi cord).

Chaser:

--- Quote from: Gregsen on March 29, 2020, 12:43:14 PM ---I am connecting an ipad(lightening to usb adaptor) to the Command kit ( usb to midi cord).

--- End quote ---

A standard USB cable from the module to the Lightning/USB adapter is all that is necessary,provided the lightning/USB adapter you are using supports audio/MIDI like an Apple USB camera kit.
There are  a lot of cheap Lightning/USB adapters that do not support audio/MIDI..

Once connected you'll see the Command module listed as a MIDI device by name.
https://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=8339.msg53428#msg53428

Gregsen:
Thanks for your help. There is no where I can find on GarageBand that I can click on to see if I am connected. However, I am connected. My problem was that I thought the GarageBand sounds would come through the Command module so I had my headphones hooked up to it. When I hooked the headphones up to the iPad I could hear all of the drum sounds just fine. Operator error as usual.

Follow up question - can I save the GarageBand kits to my Command module?

Also for anyone following this post I saw a good article that said the BeatHawk app has some great drum kits and you could download them through GarageBand and use them on your drums.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version