Author Topic: tom 1 issue on dm8 pro kit  (Read 1941 times)

tom 1 issue on dm8 pro kit
« on: January 09, 2014, 10:16:14 AM »
i was just about to post this topic when i thought i'd browse the boards to see if it was posted on already - it looks like people have had the issue with the DM10, or maybe just fewer people use the DM8 Pro. 

anyway, the sensitivity on my 8" tom is screwy - not playing quiet notes, medium-ish notes seem super loud (i can tell it's a louder sample, not just higher volume).

but the problem with this issue occurring on the dm8pro is that i don't have separate cables/inputs for each pad. 

i haven't read very thoroughly about what people's solutions have been, but i can't just plug tom1 into a different input and reassign. ... am i going to have to send my module back to alesis?  i'd really rather not obviously. 

Online Hellfire

Re: tom 1 issue on dm8 pro kit
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 11:03:09 AM »
i was just about to post this topic when i thought i'd browse the boards to see if it was posted on already - it looks like people have had the issue with the DM10, or maybe just fewer people use the DM8 Pro. 

anyway, the sensitivity on my 8" tom is screwy - not playing quiet notes, medium-ish notes seem super loud (i can tell it's a louder sample, not just higher volume).

but the problem with this issue occurring on the dm8pro is that i don't have separate cables/inputs for each pad. 

i haven't read very thoroughly about what people's solutions have been, but i can't just plug tom1 into a different input and reassign. ... am i going to have to send my module back to alesis?  i'd really rather not obviously.

First you need to find out if it is a problem with the trigger itself or the module. You can check the trigger by plugging the Tom#1 cable into another trigger like Tom#2. After you do that, do you still have a problem? If not that problem is the trigger and not the module. If you still have the problem it may just be a settings issue. Try setting Tom#1 Trigger Parameters the same as Tom#2. I don't mean the sounds, I mean the actual Trigger Parameters (i.e. Sensitivity, Threshold, Retrigger, and the same Velocity curve). If that still doesn't fix the issue, try a factory reset. If all of that doesn't fix the issue, then call (not email) Alesis. They suck at email support, but they aren't too bad with phone support.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 11:26:53 AM »
thanks, but as i have a dm8pro, not a dm10, i can't switch the cables - all except the ride#2 and extra percussion slot are in a combined snake cable. 

this is part of what puzzles me - if people were having issues with the dm10 similar to this, and they found that the actual connection at the module was an issue, the dm8 has a different connection, and why would the same problem occur if it were a hardware-based issue? 

has anyone with a dm8 or dm8 pro had this problem? 

all my settings are the same as all the other drums, which function properly. 

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:48:20 AM »
thanks, but as i have a dm8pro, not a dm10, i can't switch the cables - all except the ride#2 and extra percussion slot are in a combined snake cable. 

this is part of what puzzles me - if people were having issues with the dm10 similar to this, and they found that the actual connection at the module was an issue, the dm8 has a different connection, and why would the same problem occur if it were a hardware-based issue? 

has anyone with a dm8 or dm8 pro had this problem? 

all my settings are the same as all the other drums, which function properly.

I'm referring to the cable that plugs into the drum pad. Not the multi-pin end.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 11:57:20 AM »
i see - sorry, definitely worth trying at the trigger-end