Author Topic: Anyone used a Dm10 Module on a DM5 kit?  (Read 2948 times)

Anyone used a Dm10 Module on a DM5 kit?
« on: November 04, 2010, 01:14:11 PM »
Hey All,
I have a DM5 pro kit that I wanna upgrade and was thinking about buying the DM10 module. Has anyone done this before, and if so, can anyone offer any info on how well the module works with the kit? :)

Offline Guinness

Re: Anyone used a Dm10 Module on a DM5 kit?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 01:20:43 PM »
It'll work fine.  I think only the snare is dual zone on a dm5 kit.  Not sure if it's a piezo or switch for the 2nd zone.  But either way, the DM10 will work with it fine. 

A few people have just purchased a DM10 module to upgrade their existing kit.  Some have combined their old DM5 kit, with their new DM10 kit to make a massive kit.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 07:11:31 PM »
It'll work fine.  I think only the snare is dual zone on a dm5 kit.  Not sure if it's a piezo or switch for the 2nd zone.  But either way, the DM10 will work with it fine. 

A few people have just purchased a DM10 module to upgrade their existing kit.  Some have combined their old DM5 kit, with their new DM10 kit to make a massive kit.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yeah, you're right, the snare's the only dual zone. However I did an upgrade thanks to Hellfire so now all the pads are dual zone, as well as mesh.

I'm trying to decide between purchasing just the dm10 module or the studio kit. Having some sort of super kit sounds amazing!

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 10:39:54 AM »
I had a DM5 pro kit, switched out the DM5 for a DM10. Also added 2 additional crash's, one with choke. if you don't plug in a dual-zone cymbal into the DM10 "Crash" input, you may get an error when you turn on the controller - but you can just hit cancel and everything works fine. When I finally plugged in the the crash with choke into that port, the error no longer shows up at startup. I also added a 10" dual zone pad for the snare, and moved the 8" dual zone to the first tom position to use as a cowbell or tambourine on the rim.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 10:54:12 AM »
I bought my DM10 to upgrade an existing kit with older, out-of-production pads, plus some newer Roland pads. Everything works fine but did require some extensive tweaking. I can confirm that the DM10 will work fine with a mix of different pads and triggers. One of the reasons I bought it. :)
E-drum setup: Alesis DM10 Module, S&S Industries Stinger XL snare & Stinger P1 toms, Alesis DMPad cymbals, Roland PD-8 & KD-7, Gibraltar rack/hardware, Tama hardware, Hart Maxxum/Magnum Mesh Heads, Roland KC-350 amp, Audio Technica ATH-M50s headphones

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 02:41:34 AM »
I bought my DM10 to upgrade an existing kit with older, out-of-production pads, plus some newer Roland pads. Everything works fine but did require some extensive tweaking. I can confirm that the DM10 will work fine with a mix of different pads and triggers. One of the reasons I bought it. :)

That's really great to know, thanks!  :) I've been trying to decide whether to sell the dm5 that I have or get a dm10 and combine to make a collosal kit. Although the former seems like the most economical decision to go with, I just tried a dm10 studio kit in a shop recently and was impressed with it. I've got a lot of work to do in the next few months involving percussion, so it seems like a worthy investment. Plus it'll be super bitchin' to never run out of pads to hit. ;D