Author Topic: DM-5 Hi hat pedal set up/settings  (Read 3275 times)

DM-5 Hi hat pedal set up/settings
« on: November 11, 2010, 02:58:05 PM »
I'm trying to set up the hi hat sound selections on the DM5...I can easily set the completely open sound....the sound you get when you hit the hat cymbal pad without any use of a foot pedal - but I just do not understand how to get the foot pedal settings programmed.  I'd like to know how to do the step by step programming to lock in the sound I get when I hit the hi-hat pedal alone...and as well when I hit the hat pedal and strike the hat pad at the same time...the user manual isn't very intuitive in making these settings...I'd appreciate any help 

Offline Guinness

Re: DM-5 Hi hat pedal set up/settings
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 01:48:38 AM »
First, welcome to the forum.

The DM5 has open, closed (and I can't remember if you get splash).  The hh is not variable, so you don't get that pssst sound.  If I remember correctly, set up is a breeze to get open and closed.  Are you not getting a closed sound?

Re: DM-5 Hi hat pedal set up/settings
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:08:57 AM »
I would check page 48 of the DM5 manual, here: http://www.alesis.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/0/f3fe476d7c71b1db6e8324cdd49d45fe/file/alesis_dm5_refmanual.pdf

The open, closed, and foot pedal sounds need to be assigned to a "group" setting so hitting the pedal will cut off the open sound and switch to the closed sound.
E-drum setup: Alesis DM10 Module, S&S Industries Stinger XL snare & Stinger P1 toms, Alesis DMPad cymbals, Roland PD-8 & KD-7, Gibraltar rack/hardware, Tama hardware, Hart Maxxum/Magnum Mesh Heads, Roland KC-350 amp, Audio Technica ATH-M50s headphones