Author Topic: [Tutorial] How to fix Alesis Dm8 Bell ride  (Read 4968 times)

Offline ClaudioCas

[Tutorial] How to fix Alesis Dm8 Bell ride
« on: December 28, 2014, 05:13:02 AM »
Dear All,
here my tutorial to resolve the issue about the stop working bell on dm8 usb kit ride.
the problem is caused by the breaking of the flat cable that connects the film switch to the pcb.

You need an 1mm drill bit, 2 small cables (I take them from an old ethernet cable), a double-sided tape, a soldering iron and a hot glue gun.

1 - Remove the rubber from the top of the ride and remove the upper layer of the film switch. There are 2 "grid lines" that will connect together when you press on the film.

2 - We need to get the signals from a blu and a red line and connect to the pcb, bypassing the broken flat cable. So use the drill to make 4 holes and put the cable like the picture below.

3 - Do the same for the second cable, make sure you choose a line that is opposite to the first (one that is connect to the top and one with the bottom grid).

4 - Use a double-sided tape to isolate the cables from the top of film switch

5 - Reattach the top side of the film switch

6 - Solder the cables to the bottom side of pcb

7 - Use hot glue to fix the cables

8 - Reassemble the top rubber and play :)

I hope that this small tutorial can be usefull.
The ride is mine and I took all the photos, but my dad find this solution and done all the dirty work!

I will add a video soon.
Claudio
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:25:13 PM by ClaudioCas »

Offline Trondster

Re: [Tutorial] How to fix Alesis Dm8 Bell ride
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 04:48:24 AM »
Nice tutorial - thanks! :)
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Re: [Tutorial] How to fix Alesis Dm8 Bell ride
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 05:16:49 AM »
Identical to the problem I had on my ride cymbal on the DM10. Fix is spot on. Thank you!