Author Topic: Fatal Error on DM10  (Read 2644 times)

Fatal Error on DM10
« on: September 23, 2011, 12:40:08 AM »
So tonight I turned on the kit for my little girl to mess around on. She hit a few pads and we went into the other room to get 'em ready for bed. I came back in later to turn off the amp and DM10 module and it read "Fatal Error." So I restarted it, but it wouldn't reboot. As the Alesis logo came across the screen it would stop before making it into the center of the screen. I tried multiple tries...checked all my connections, unplugged and plugged stuff.

Anyone had a similar problem?

MicroStudio

Re: Fatal Error on DM10
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 08:48:23 AM »
I would reinstall everything...IE the OS, Sounds..ect. You can download everything for Alesis at this link.

http://www.alesis.com/dm10studiokit?tt=5/

Offline Pier

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 09:43:09 AM »
Reistalling everything is a good idea; if you still cannot get a comunication between your PC and the DM10, maybe the DM10's main board is broken for real...
Good luck -- let us know

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 11:06:45 PM »
Okay....So when I woke up the morning after my original post, the thing started up fine and I thought everything was okay. I played on it for about 10 minutes and it froze up.

so I RE updated everything thru the USB connection. ( I had just done this a few weeks earlier to try to resolve the tom 1 sensitivity issue.

Now it won't startup up again...as the logo comes across the screen it freezes up.

Guess I gotta call Alesis and try to get a replacement?

Offline Pier

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 03:54:55 AM »
Sure, expecially if your DM10 is still into its warranty time.
Stuff happens...  :(