Author Topic: How to back up DM10 settings & custom kits onto a PC?  (Read 2669 times)

Offline drumday

How to back up DM10 settings & custom kits onto a PC?
« on: July 08, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
Having spent much time tweaking trigger settings & now creating new kits associated with a 40+ song set list, I want to back this up outside of the module in case disaster should occur.

Not sure I'm interpretting pg 31 of the manual correctly regarding SYS (F4) of the Utility menu.  Is this for backing up settings onto a PC or still within the module?

Is it really just a matter of selecting "All Memory"?  To back up onto a PC, is there a sequence of steps I need to follow first as far as connecting the module to the PC via USB, and does the PC/Windows put the .syx file in the documents folder or programs folder or will I get prompted for it? 

Or is this not a utility for storing DM10 settings onto another device, like a PC (which I can then backup).  Kinda like thinking of this as 3 layers of defense.

Always nervous about losing any of my computer work and want to save my DM10 work in a protected environment like I do my PC.

Thank you for answering in terms I can understand.  :-[

dd
DM10 Studio 2011, BBII mesh conversion w/ resistors left in place, Simmons DA200S, ProMark 7A nylon, Sennheiser HD280 headphones, Gibraltar rack, Camco double pedal.

Offline vaikl

Re: How to back up DM10 settings & custom kits onto a PC?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 12:49:34 PM »
Not sure I'm interpretting pg 31 of the manual correctly regarding SYS (F4) of the Utility menu.  Is this for backing up settings onto a PC or still within the module?

The first section labeled SYSX (F1) describes how to backup the complete memory of the module or only the global trigger settings to a file on your PC. Page 34 (bottom) describes how to restore the memory from this file(s).

In addition you might find two threads helpful:

http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=933.0
http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=253.msg1966#msg1966
(DeeDub's post)

Offline drumday

Re: How to back up DM10 settings & custom kits onto a PC?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 06:17:06 PM »
Thanks for the links.  I was searching on other terms & didn't see these write ups.

Will read up on MIDIOX next.  Sounds like freeware that serves my need. 

Thx again.
DM10 Studio 2011, BBII mesh conversion w/ resistors left in place, Simmons DA200S, ProMark 7A nylon, Sennheiser HD280 headphones, Gibraltar rack, Camco double pedal.