Author Topic: No rim sounds  (Read 1175 times)

No rim sounds
« on: December 01, 2016, 04:11:06 PM »
Hi all folks,
New to the forum thanks all for all the contributions.
I've been searching but cannot find anything similar. I'm setting up a new DM10 module with Pearl trutrac pads. I've upgraded the module to the latest firmware version. I'm tweaking sensitivity, crosstalk (very little BTW), etc. following all the info on this forum (much appreciated).
But I have this weird problem that I cannot find how to solve. I have no rim sounds on any pad whatsoever. I've checked that I indeed have sounds associated to the different rim sections. Not at all on snare, nor toms. My understanding is that the trutrac pads are dual zone. I also tried a 3-zone yamaha pad with same result. I have TRS cables on all pads.
Not sure what else to check, so any help will be appreciated.
Cheers, Antonio.

Offline Chaser

Re: No rim sounds
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 06:54:25 PM »
Hi all folks,
New to the forum thanks all for all the contributions.
I've been searching but cannot find anything similar. I'm setting up a new DM10 module with Pearl trutrac pads. I've upgraded the module to the latest firmware version. I'm tweaking sensitivity, crosstalk (very little BTW), etc. following all the info on this forum (much appreciated).
But I have this weird problem that I cannot find how to solve. I have no rim sounds on any pad whatsoever. I've checked that I indeed have sounds associated to the different rim sections. Not at all on snare, nor toms. My understanding is that the trutrac pads are dual zone. I also tried a 3-zone yamaha pad with same result. I have TRS cables on all pads.
Not sure what else to check, so any help will be appreciated.
Cheers, Antonio.

I believe the Trutrac heads are "switch" for the rim.
Do you have the rim set to "switch" in the DM10 module?

Re: No rim sounds
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:27:00 PM »
Bingo! Changed to switch from piezo and everything works fine.
Thanks a lot! :)
Beers due if we ever cross paths ;)
Cheers, Antonio