Author Topic: dm dock issues  (Read 2159 times)

dm dock issues
« on: October 29, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »
 Got my DM Dock today but after installing it I was not happy the samples sound really bad distorted somehow. It clears up a bit when I turn down the volume but still. There is also a lot of latency I tried to play along with a song I was playing on the Ipad but it was nearly impossible all my strokes sounded like a flam with the original drum track. I also noticed the module not registering a lot of strokes and not coping with rols, rim shots etc.

I'm really disappointed with this thing and am asking any of you guys use the DM Dock and are happy with it, is mine maybe defective ?

My setup : Dm10 pro kit with 628 drums mesh conversion DM Dock with Ipad 4

Offline Khes74

Re: dm dock issues
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 03:23:57 PM »
No it's not defective, it just plain sucks, simple as that.  You can try to use a VST and see if that helps.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 07:20:20 PM »
I also noticed the module not registering a lot of strokes and not coping with rols, rim shots etc.

That's also a result of a first test by digitaldrummer magazine. Seems that Alesis got a lot of work to be done with this dock...

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 06:46:36 AM »
Thanks guys, not what I wanted to hear but its the truth it sucks. The review in digital drummer mag is to mild in my opinion , one issue I even  did not mention is the kick produces ghost notes ???

Well anyhow there is a post by someone that tested this thing extensively and I Will read up on that before trying out everything myself. This experience also makes me think again on investing in a Alesis pro x hi-hat, lost a bit of confidence in the alesis brand.........

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 08:43:56 AM »
Thanks guys, not what I wanted to hear but its the truth it sucks. The review in digital drummer mag is to mild in my opinion , one issue I even  did not mention is the kick produces ghost notes ???

Well anyhow there is a post by someone that tested this thing extensively and I Will read up on that before trying out everything myself. This experience also makes me think again on investing in a Alesis pro x hi-hat, lost a bit of confidence in the alesis brand.........

I think the Pro X Hi-Hat is fine and I am using a basic Mapex stand. However, I did a couple things. I used the original clutch or mount from the Mapex stand. Also, as the top cymbal trigger I use the original one that came with the Realhat (Hat tip to user on this forum), and use the top cymbal that came with the Pro-X as an extra crash/splash. That with the mandatory firmware update and hi-hat calibration got me 90% there (90% is still better than the Realhat, IMHO). Now, I am in the process of moving/rebuilding/reconfiguring my kit. I would guess after a few hours of playing with the settings, once I am ready to do that, I will be at 100% of what I need. I can already get it to bark and slide fairly regularly. I just need to have time to tweak it a bit.

It is not plug-n-play, and patience is a virtue, but I think it is a decent product for $99.
DM10X mesh/foam conversion, Trigger IO, 8 piece, 7 cymbals, Roland Hi-Hat, Laurin Snare, Roland Rim Trigger, Addictive Drummer 2

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 04:54:32 AM »
Hi guys,

So I returned my dm dock, though it looks nice and is a great idea, the product is substandard and unsuitable for any drummer, be warned. I bought myself a x hi-hat and again got pretty frustrated about its playabillity it is worse than the real hat that came as standard with the dm10 kits. So in my frustration I raided the kids college funds got a second mortgage and bought myself a new Roland td-30kv and oh my this thing is awesome and I'm verry happy with it, fuck the kids education, daddy is a drummer now lol.
But now I decided to integrate some of my Alesis dm 10 kit into the roland kit so I hooked up some toms and cymbals to the td-30 and apperantly it wrecked my alesis toms couse not only do they not work on my td30 module they also won't work with the dm10 module anymore ????

Anybody knows what happened here ?