Author Topic: The New Guy  (Read 2187 times)

The New Guy
« on: August 19, 2010, 09:20:11 AM »
I just wanted to introduce myself since I already started asking questions, but that’s just me, ask for help first then introduce yourself. I know is backwards but hey Spanish is my first language.

As a kid, my drumming career came to a halt soon after it began due to a conflict of interest between me and my parents and neighbors (I’m sure you know exactly what I am talking about) that was 25 years ago. The feeling of unfulfilled dreams and expectations never really disappear, and a year ago I decided it was time to get into it again. I realized wife and kids were going to present the same challenges parents and neighbors once did, so I got smart and bought an Alesis DM5 kit. Recently decided to upgrade to the DM10 kit and leave the DM5 for my youngest son, who at the age of 4, bangs on them like a mad man.

I am thrilled to have found this forum, and I’m looking forward to learning as much as I can from you guy.

Cheer up!!!

-Carlos

Offline Guinness

Re: The New Guy
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »
My kids bang on my kit too.   Fun to watch them.  My youngest (7) is actually pretty good.

Anyways, glad you found us.  Welcome to the forum!   :)

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 12:09:15 PM »
Welcome aboard cgalavis!

Offline Pier

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »
Hey Carlos, welcome here!

When it's about neighbors, I can fully understand that a DM5, a DM10 or any other drum unit where one can plug in a pair of cans, can became precious!!!

See ya around...

Offline b-radisrad

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 04:11:58 PM »
I was in the same boat! My DM10 has saved me from complaints from my wife and neighbors!
I WANNA ROCK...however, not like Twisted Sister.

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 10:43:11 AM »
good for you ,even better for your son ,he has the chance to start his drumming career from4  !!!!
happy drumming
have fun and welcome to the forum
alesis DM5,TRIGGER IO,DM10  and lots of DIY stuff !!!