Author Topic: Google Search  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Guinness

Google Search
« on: August 18, 2010, 02:03:18 AM »
I did a search "Pearl Redbox", and guess who had spot 2 and 3 in the results? 

#2 Hellfiredrums!   ;D
#3 DMDrummer.com!   ;D

Although for "Alesis DM10" or "Alesis Forum", DMDrummer didn't make the first page.   :(   (I didn't look past the first page)

Online Hellfire

Re: Google Search
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 07:04:54 AM »
I did a search "Pearl Redbox", and guess who had spot 2 and 3 in the results? 

#2 Hellfiredrums!   ;D
#3 DMDrummer.com!   ;D

Although for "Alesis DM10" or "Alesis Forum", DMDrummer didn't make the first page.   :(   (I didn't look past the first page)

I didn't know about the "Pearl Redbox" search results. I never tried it. Cool! :)

I knew about the "Alesis DM10" or "Alesis Forum" search. I'm working on trying to make that better. If DMdrummer could get higher in the search on Google we could be a much larger site. I'm all ears for suggestions and assuming I can make the mods to the forum software we are running. I will consider all suggestions. ;D Thanks for post John.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 11:26:30 AM »
I just did a Google search on "Alesis DM10" and Hellfiredrums.com came up in the middle of page two and DMdrummer.com doesn't come up until page 7. :o

I did notice that edrumforum.com come up first on page 3 but it is in reference to a Hellfire post. ;)

Vdrums.com comes up next on page 5 again in reference to a Hellfire post. ;D

When searching for "Alesis DM10 forum" DMdrummer.com is on page one at the bottom. It is in reference to the "Alesis DM10 vs. Pearl's R.E.D. Box". That's not bad.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 11:49:50 AM »
Many people don't look past page one.

If you want SEO (Seach Engine Optimization) with Google, go to google and checkout the webmaster tools.  You can add the site, and they'll give you a string to add to the site for verification.  From there, you can see your current key words, etc...   It may be easier to do on Hellfiredrums, as that's your site, whereas the forum, I assume you purchase from some company (as opposed to running the forum on your own server.)

Same goes with Yahoo and Bing.  Registering your site with them (all 3) will help with rankings.

Offline Bobby@NEMS

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 12:23:04 PM »
Yeah, Guiness is right on with the SEO ideas.

Also some cross and reverse linking is what helps alot too, especially google.

Perhaps I'll slap a little linky on the store when I mod the "links" crap I have now. Help us all out a little I would think. (assuming that's ok with HF)
Bobby D.