Author Topic: Howdy all  (Read 2038 times)

Howdy all
« on: August 13, 2010, 06:26:55 PM »
Just found out about this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am 39 and live in NC. Ordered my DM10 studio kit over 2 months ago and it's still on backorder. Waiting and being as patient as I can until it arrives. In the meantime I have been reading all about the kit and trying (with limited success) to find youtube videos of it in action. I can't wait to get it in my new project home studio. Looking forward to the knowledge
As of now: DM10 Studio Kit with additional SURGE cymbals and DM5 pads.
Pearl ICON front rack with Stealth rack front curved bars for side rack arms
Vic Firth Sticks and MacBook for VST triggering.

Offline Hellfire

Re: Howdy all
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:49:35 PM »
Just found out about this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am 39 and live in NC. Ordered my DM10 studio kit over 2 months ago and it's still on backorder. Waiting and being as patient as I can until it arrives. In the meantime I have been reading all about the kit and trying (with limited success) to find youtube videos of it in action. I can't wait to get it in my new project home studio. Looking forward to the knowledge

Welcome to the forum digitaldarth. I don't know of many youtube videos showing just the studio kit. The Pro kit is pretty close. Try doing a search on Youtube for the Alesis DM10 Pro kit. You should be able to find many videos on it. You might also want to check out this:

Alesis DM10 Pro Kit – Video Review

I hope that helps. Again, welcome to the forum.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:14:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, just search "Alesis DM10".  You'll find all sorts of videos.  Not many "studio" granted, but you should find plenty to wet your appetite.  I did several vids.  Four of them are voice samples from the DM10.  You might enjoy those.

Have fun!

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:27:47 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.

Guinness, Your videos are part of the reason I decided to buy the Alesis kit and not a Roland. I also watched the videos from NAMM where Dan introduced and explained the kit. I am very anxious to get the kit and set it up. I came across a DM5 kit a couple of weeks ago by chance. I'm going to add those pads to the kit and give myself a few extra options. Can't wait! Glad I found this forum so I can get feedback from others that know the gear.
As of now: DM10 Studio Kit with additional SURGE cymbals and DM5 pads.
Pearl ICON front rack with Stealth rack front curved bars for side rack arms
Vic Firth Sticks and MacBook for VST triggering.

Offline Pier

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 02:43:47 AM »
A belated warm welcome to the fold!
Hope to see you around, cheers