Author Topic: Hey, Im new here.  (Read 2220 times)

Hey, Im new here.
« on: August 06, 2010, 07:14:04 PM »
Hello everyone!
I have been looking into Electric Kits recently due to the need of a good kit to save me space, money, and sound.

At the moment I currently dont have enough room to set up my acoustic set, also if I could I would not be able to pay it oftain because of the sound. So the other day I brought up google and searched up electric kits. I then came across the DM10 Studio kit. So at this point that is the set I am currently looking at since it seams to do alot of the things that more expensive kits do for far less.

Alittle info on myself, Im currently a senior at my high school. Im the captain of the drumline. I enjoy most rock,metal,classical etc

Offline Hellfire

Re: Hey, Im new here.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 12:11:37 AM »
Hello everyone!
I have been looking into Electric Kits recently due to the need of a good kit to save me space, money, and sound.

At the moment I currently dont have enough room to set up my acoustic set, also if I could I would not be able to pay it oftain because of the sound. So the other day I brought up google and searched up electric kits. I then came across the DM10 Studio kit. So at this point that is the set I am currently looking at since it seams to do alot of the things that more expensive kits do for far less.

Alittle info on myself, Im currently a senior at my high school. Im the captain of the drumline. I enjoy most rock,metal,classical etc
Welcome aboard GkrewZ!

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 01:41:34 AM »
Thanks for the response! I was starting to wonder where everyone was at lol

Quick question, is there anything that should be done to the DM10 studio out of the box to make things more enjoyable? I have never owned a E-Kit so I have no clue about prepping one for use(sound wise, I'm sure I can put it together lol)

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 10:16:06 AM »

Quick question, is there anything that should be done to the DM10 studio out of the box to make things more enjoyable? I have never owned a E-Kit so I have no clue about prepping one for use(sound wise, I'm sure I can put it together lol)
Nothing I can think of off the top of my head. Just make sure you have the latest Sound Rom and App Update installed. You most likely will but, the manual shows you how to check. To find the latest updates goto Alesis.com under the DM10 product and click on the Docs & Downloads. I hope that helps.

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »

Nothing I can think of off the top of my head. Just make sure you have the latest Sound Rom and App Update installed. You most likely will but, the manual shows you how to check. To find the latest updates goto Alesis.com under the DM10 product and click on the Docs & Downloads. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. Im guessing its simular to manualy updating the firmware on something then.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »

Thanks for the info. Im guessing its simular to manualy updating the firmware on something then.
Alesis has a read me file with the download that explains on to go about updating the module.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 12:08:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

You'll undoubtedly have questions about your kit. There's a decent learning curve.  My advice:  Patience and ask your questions here.  Chances are someone here has experienced and solved it previously.  Also, read the the manual.   ;D

Offline Pier

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 02:20:33 PM »
Hi, welcome here.
I agree with the guys: read the manual, upload the latest available software updates, and from there... just have fun DRUMMIN'!!!
Post here questions, doubts, suggestions... VIDEOS...  :P