Author Topic: Greeting  (Read 1963 times)

Greeting
« on: May 25, 2010, 02:49:06 PM »
 Hi everyone. I've been checking out your very informative forum for a few weeks now and have decided to join in!!!
 I've been looking into edrums as i'm now living a "normal life" in europe in an apt, so i don't think the neighbours would like me banging away on an acoustic!
I've been learning quite a lot as i'm very new to all this electronic stuff! BFD's, SSD, VST's all sound like something you don't want to get a dose of!!!
 Been looking into getting the DM10 pro and after testing one found out that those surge cymbals look cool as.....but are also very noisy acoustically! So was heading for the DM10 studio, only for the quieter cymbals.
 Been looking into this quite a lot, so i think i know the answer.....but.....does anyone know if you can buy the pro kit without the surge cymbals, and with the rubber one instead. I mean the rack with the pro kit, is SO much better than with the studio kit. Anyone else think this?
 Well that my first question.....one of many to come, just hope i post them in the right place!
Cheers for now

Offline Pier

Re: Greeting
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »
Hello and welcome here!  :)

Maybe you've already hit this one:
http://www.alesis.com/drums

These are the kits as they are sold nowadays. Some spare parts are available on alesis' website.
Hope this helps you a little to choose...

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 03:04:36 PM »
Welcome to the forums.  :D

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 04:43:27 PM »
I don't think they sell the DM10 Pro with the rubber cymbals.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 06:02:53 PM »
Thanks guys.
 i didn't think they sold the pro kit without the surge cymbals, i've been searching all over the net!! It would seem like a good idea, i can't be the only one who would like it with the rubbers ones instead?
 Once again, thanks to everyone here who helps us all out with all the info.