Author Topic: DrumCore/KitCore  (Read 2753 times)

DrumCore/KitCore
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:55:46 PM »
Just curious because I haven't seen many (any?) threads about this VST software. The website has changed to something not nearly as informative or interactive as when I bought KitCore, but here's a link:

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=221

KitPacks: http://www.modularmerchant.com/clients/submersiblemusic/category/11/KitPacks

I got it for $49 and then added the Alan White, Matt Sorum, and a couple other "KitPacks". The software is very light and easy on your CPU, with small sample sizes, but they're fully mastered. The interface is no-nonsense with just a few basic adjustments. I haven't used other VST's so I have nothing to compare it to. But I've recorded midi while playing with module sounds for "zero-latency", then substituted the KitCore sounds for much more realism.

Anyone know about this? They have a number of well known drummers offering Kit Packs like Terry Bozzio, Matt Cameron, Stephen Perkins, Sly Dunbar, etc.
E-drum setup: Alesis DM10 Module, S&S Industries Stinger XL snare & Stinger P1 toms, Alesis DMPad cymbals, Roland PD-8 & KD-7, Gibraltar rack/hardware, Tama hardware, Hart Maxxum/Magnum Mesh Heads, Roland KC-350 amp, Audio Technica ATH-M50s headphones

Offline vaikl

Re: DrumCore/KitCore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 09:32:59 AM »
DrumCore/KitCore plays in the same league like EZDrummer/EZplayer and some other drum MIDI player software. They all depend on the sound and MIDI packs that come with them (or can be bought separately).

DrumCore/KitCore is a bit easier to use as the Toontrack products but you can almost "feel" that drum software isn't the focus of Sonoma. It's good enough to set up some MIDI tracks and grooves, choose a kit sound and let it play but it lacks of many sophisticated features other MIDI players have, like instrument-related articulation mapping or sound manipulation options for realistic drum sounds.

The "Gabrielizer" option is a seller, but JamStix from rayzoon is lightyears ahead for this kind of usage.

Re: DrumCore/KitCore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:15:17 PM »
DrumCore/KitCore plays in the same league like EZDrummer/EZplayer and some other drum MIDI player software. They all depend on the sound and MIDI packs that come with them (or can be bought separately).

DrumCore/KitCore is a bit easier to use as the Toontrack products but you can almost "feel" that drum software isn't the focus of Sonoma. It's good enough to set up some MIDI tracks and grooves, choose a kit sound and let it play but it lacks of many sophisticated features other MIDI players have, like instrument-related articulation mapping or sound manipulation options for realistic drum sounds.

The "Gabrielizer" option is a seller, but JamStix from rayzoon is lightyears ahead for this kind of usage.

Cool - thanks for your take on it!
E-drum setup: Alesis DM10 Module, S&S Industries Stinger XL snare & Stinger P1 toms, Alesis DMPad cymbals, Roland PD-8 & KD-7, Gibraltar rack/hardware, Tama hardware, Hart Maxxum/Magnum Mesh Heads, Roland KC-350 amp, Audio Technica ATH-M50s headphones