Author Topic: Settings from the ground up  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Rossy

Settings from the ground up
« on: September 06, 2016, 02:02:24 PM »
If this question has been updated, could someone please point me to the thread. I have been out the game for about a year and I am determined to get my sticking back up to scratch. I cant afford a new kit so I will be working with my dm 10 pro x kit. I have installed the blue jay kit and like the sound. My question is, what advice can I get to set up the triggering system to respond as close to a real kit as possible. I understand I wont get it perfect , but i am willing to put as many hours as I need to get it there.

Thanks everyone

Offline Hellfire

Re: Settings from the ground up
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 03:02:02 PM »
If this question has been updated, could someone please point me to the thread. I have been out the game for about a year and I am determined to get my sticking back up to scratch. I cant afford a new kit so I will be working with my dm 10 pro x kit. I have installed the blue jay kit and like the sound. My question is, what advice can I get to set up the triggering system to respond as close to a real kit as possible. I understand I wont get it perfect , but i am willing to put as many hours as I need to get it there.

Thanks everyone

Your best bet is to start here:

Setting Xtalk on the DM10

Offline Rossy

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 03:36:12 PM »
Thanks so much

Offline Rossy

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 10:03:21 AM »
So I followed the link and it was great. I have some more questions that I didn't find the answer to so, maybe someone here could help. I am using the blue jay sounds as I have had horrible problems using a laptop and, I spent a lot of money trying superior drummer (i wont go into it) what i am looking for is to get my kit to respond as close to a real drum kit as possible. I understand the limitations but would like to get as close as the kit will let me.
I have noticed that some times, some sounds will cut off when striking them together. also, I struggle to get nice light taps to sound.
If any one can help, I would be most grateful.
Thanks

Offline rhysT

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 07:14:41 AM »
I am using the blue jay sounds as I have had horrible problems using a laptop and, I spent a lot of money trying superior drummer (i wont go into it) what i am looking for is to get my kit to respond as close to a real drum kit as possible. I understand the limitations but would like to get as close as the kit will let me.
I have noticed that some times, some sounds will cut off when striking them together. also, I struggle to get nice light taps to sound.

Check out this useful DM10 setup guide: http://www.noterepeat.com/products/alesis/electronic-percussion/dm10/153-alesis-dm10-quick-start-settings-guide.

Also to improve the low-end dynamic response of your snare & tom pads try setting their trigger velocity curves to Spline 1 or 2 (refer to O/M p26): https://static.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/84758.pdf

Offline Rossy

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 07:59:02 AM »
Cheers, just what I needed. One more question and ill leave you lot alone  ;D I bloody hate my bass drum , not the pedals so, I was wandering about picking up a pair of StealthKick 2. Has anyone had any experience with them.

Cheers for the responses.