Author Topic: Hello from PA  (Read 1138 times)

Hello from PA
« on: March 31, 2016, 06:24:22 PM »
Hi folks!  I'm a 59 year old who has been drumming since I was 5.  I've got 2 acoustic kits:  my Ludwig Vistalite clear blue from the 70's and a Pearl 7-piece.  I'm an electrical engineer and gadget freak, so electronic drums have always been a natural fit.  I've been using edrums dating back to the original Simmons stuff.  I recently bought a DM10 X Mesh and have added 3 more Alesis cymbals and my Roland Octapad II Pad 80.  Prior to this kit I had one that I assembled myself comprised of a Gibraltar rack, Roland TD-20 with the TDW-20 upgrade board, Roland VH-12 hi-hat, Pintech mesh ConcertCast toms and kick, Pintech 14" mesh snare, and Smartrigger cymbals.  I wasn't happy with the pads and cymbals, so I decided to try the integrated Alesis kit.  I'm fairly pleased with it particularly at a sub $1000 price point.  I've been selling off the pieces/parts of my old kit, but I'm undecided on whether to perhaps keep the TD-20 module and use it with my Alesis pads.  I sold my VH-12 hi-hat and could kick myself.  Comments are welcomed.

Offline Hellfire

Re: Hello from PA
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 07:53:57 AM »
Hi folks!  I'm a 59 year old who has been drumming since I was 5.  I've got 2 acoustic kits:  my Ludwig Vistalite clear blue from the 70's and a Pearl 7-piece.  I'm an electrical engineer and gadget freak, so electronic drums have always been a natural fit.  I've been using edrums dating back to the original Simmons stuff.  I recently bought a DM10 X Mesh and have added 3 more Alesis cymbals and my Roland Octapad II Pad 80.  Prior to this kit I had one that I assembled myself comprised of a Gibraltar rack, Roland TD-20 with the TDW-20 upgrade board, Roland VH-12 hi-hat, Pintech mesh ConcertCast toms and kick, Pintech 14" mesh snare, and Smartrigger cymbals.  I wasn't happy with the pads and cymbals, so I decided to try the integrated Alesis kit.  I'm fairly pleased with it particularly at a sub $1000 price point.  I've been selling off the pieces/parts of my old kit, but I'm undecided on whether to perhaps keep the TD-20 module and use it with my Alesis pads.  I sold my VH-12 hi-hat and could kick myself.  Comments are welcomed.

Welcome to the forum brianwech.

I'd only sell the Roland TD-20 if you need the money for something else. The TD-20 is a very good module. Then again if you do sell it, you could always get the new Alesis Strike Pro kit.  :)