Author Topic: Hello from Ohio  (Read 1170 times)

Hello from Ohio
« on: March 29, 2016, 07:23:23 AM »
Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and say hello.  About me?  Well I've been drumming since I was 5 and I'm now over 55 and still kicking, just not as hard as I once did.  With that being said, My DM 10 Studio Mesh kit arrives today and I'm really stoked about it.  My normal set is a 12 piece Tama Grandstar that I just love but hauling it around is getting to be a painful proposition.  The portability of the DM 10 is what I'm looking forward to the most.  For band practice our guitar player as a DM6 that I use in practice and have hauled it around to a few gigs but the sound is really bad and I needed to change that.  I'm a perfectionist and really don't enjoy sounding crappy so today starts a new adventure for me, drumming on an E Kit just seems really odd, but I've sat behind the DM 10 Pro kit a friend has and I loved it.  I have no idea about trigger, sensitivity or any of the E Kit vocabulary so I'm going to be lost for a while till I learn to get things set up. In fact when I get the kit today, first thing I'm going to do is record and see how the sound fits into our existing recorded tracks and use that as my "volume" basis for all toms, cymbols and such.  Then once I get that set up, I'll take the kit out and see if that setting works for live which I hope it will but really have no idea.  Thanks for a great Alesis Drummer forum to come to, learn and in time maybe even share info I've learned over time.  Once again, thanks for having me and I patiently wait for the UPS guy to deliver my DM 10 and DM Dock.

Re: Hello from Ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 08:26:57 AM »
JEALOUS!!!  Enjoy your new set!  I was pretty set against an ekit until I borrowed a friends cheapo.  It was great to get back into drumming after so many years, but I knew there had to be better, which has me on the DM10 mesh train hardcore now!  Trying to save money to buy one.  I like the DM10 setup too because it sort of LOOKS like acoustic drums, as opposed to most others.  The look makes a difference to me.