Author Topic: Alesis DM10 Studio trigger issue?  (Read 1489 times)

Alesis DM10 Studio trigger issue?
« on: December 25, 2012, 08:56:02 PM »
I've had my Alesis drums for about two weeks. They're my first electric drums. However I just got back from a week long Christmas vacation. When I first turned them on, I noticed that it seemed the head of my snare and the rim of my snare switched. Even when set to the same voice, the rim was louder and more central than the head. I reset the module and took out all of the wires and plugged them back in. Now everything is fine except for a new problem. Aside from the Toms not being as responsive as I'd like, the rim on the third Tom is also triggering one of my crash cymbals.

The next problem is the triggers going off on their own. I have the headphones in the module right not and am not touching the drums at all, and at random times I'm hearing the drums. Sometimes it's a snare, sometimes a ride, sometimes a crash. It's very random.

Help?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.)

Offline Trondster

Re: Alesis DM10 Studio trigger issue?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 10:40:02 PM »
Sounds like crosstalk. Read the xtalk thread in the Drum Modules forum.
If triggers are going off at random you probably have too low threshold values - you want the sensitivity low and threshold high.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.