Author Topic: New DM Drummer!  (Read 2102 times)

New DM Drummer!
« on: March 06, 2016, 11:15:23 AM »
I've been following HFD and other DIY sites for a while. I ended up converting my old acoustic set to electric using the TriggerIO, mesh heads, child safety door locks, (the kind that are spring loaded) and some typical radio shack hardware (piezos, 1/4" jacks, etc). I even got creative in a desperate attempt for more cymbals and used every surface from binder separators to practice cymbals with sticky back craft foam. Unfortunately most of that stuff "disappeared" and i've been drumless for a couple years ...until now!

Just bought the DM10X Mesh (prices really have gone down thanks to new products) and am pretty excited to hook that up to superior drummer and get back to playing. I spent quite a while looking for the best kit around $1,000 and decided the DM10 was it - good sizes, decent construction, a decent module with good connectivity (seems good enough to play standalone for practice).. I'm excited -- can't wait until it gets here where I will be promptly kicked out by the old lady!

I seriously consider just leaving it at work.. LOL

So lots of threads, etc, hacks, tricks etc.. Any recommendations for tweaking/etc?

Regards
nf

Re: New DM Drummer!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 04:59:41 PM »
I can't wait to order a DM10 kit!!  I am so jealous!  I played years ago and am borrowing a crappy ekit right now and can't imagine how nice the DM10 is going to be.  I might need to go to Guitar Center and try one out.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 02:01:34 PM »
GC rarely has the DM10 setup, they have all the Rolands and simmons setup most of the time, at least here in Houston.

Can't wait to convert my DM10X to Mesh's. I got the X for the extra Tom :)

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 09:16:13 PM »
Would like the extra tom too.  BUT, I am going to convert an old Ludwig snare I got as a kid to go with the set!!  That's gonna be awesome to use it again!!

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 02:22:31 PM »
Looks like the DM10 Studio mesh kit I just ordered has that extra tom too!  I think the difference is the size of the drums.  The X kit they are bigger.  Right?

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 10:36:07 PM »
I think, mine are 10" and 12".

I was given a pearl elx snare a few weeks ago.I'm just going to put new heads on it and leave it as is. It'll make a great practice snare for when I finally get the nerve to by an acoustic set.