Author Topic: New drummer  (Read 1266 times)

New drummer
« on: February 28, 2016, 10:38:44 AM »
After mulling drums over for several years, I stumbled across the new Alesis Nitro.  I could afford to risk that much on a coat hanger if it went that way, and then I would finally know.

I bought the Nitro in December, and I bought the DM10 X Mesh kit in January.  Last weekend, I went back and replaced the drums I had sequenced in a very old composition with me playing live, and unedited.  My playing sucks, but that was the first time I felt I got close enough to actually use the recording for something.  Cool!  I will just go on getting better with time.

I have a real problem, and my setup has gotten kind of ridiculous quickly.  I have a Gibraltar G-class double bass pedal, hydraulic motorcycle seat throne, liquid drive hi-hat stand (with a Goedrums GHC hi-hat control module), and a Behringer pre-amp, all devoted to the silly drum kit.  The craziest thing is I had just remodeled this room back in September, and I turned it into a wood shop.  Now I can't get to any of my machines or my workbench, because I have this ridiculous spreading drum craziness everywhere.

Life is good!

Re: New drummer
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 12:33:20 PM »
Ha, that is awesome. I started in August '15 with a used DM8 usb. In December I sold that and got a DM10X mylar. In a few months I'll convert it to mesh maybe. I don't mind the mylar though since I own my home and don't have to worry about the dreaded apartment neighbors :)

Nice kit.