Author Topic: "Longtime player, first time forum user..."  (Read 1336 times)

"Longtime player, first time forum user..."
« on: October 07, 2016, 09:12:46 AM »
Hi all,

Thought it'd be a good idea to get on this forum as I've recently got back into drumming after a 10year hiatus: moved from Wales to Oklahoma City and had to sell both my acoustic and electronic kits.

I'm 44, have been playing since I was 18 (aside from that 10 years off) and prefer to kick it to metal/alternative tunes, though I'm not limited to that genre at all. I love playing along to electronica and dance tunes too; anything that gets my toes tapping! Drummer influences would be: John Stanier (Helmet), Mike Bordin (FNM), Igor Cavalera (Sepultura), Jason Bowld (Pitchshifter), Charlie Benante (Anthrax) and many more.

I picked up a DM8 Pro back in March and have been having a wild time with it.  Some issues with the kick pad but Alesis have replaced it twice, most recently with the DM8 USB kick pad that I hope is going to be more durable than the Pro.

Anyways, thought I'd give everyone a wave, introduce myself and hope to be chiming in on topics soon!

Cheers

Offline Hellfire

Re: "Longtime player, first time forum user..."
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 02:39:12 PM »
Hi all,

Thought it'd be a good idea to get on this forum as I've recently got back into drumming after a 10year hiatus: moved from Wales to Oklahoma City and had to sell both my acoustic and electronic kits.

I'm 44, have been playing since I was 18 (aside from that 10 years off) and prefer to kick it to metal/alternative tunes, though I'm not limited to that genre at all. I love playing along to electronica and dance tunes too; anything that gets my toes tapping! Drummer influences would be: John Stanier (Helmet), Mike Bordin (FNM), Igor Cavalera (Sepultura), Jason Bowld (Pitchshifter), Charlie Benante (Anthrax) and many more.

I picked up a DM8 Pro back in March and have been having a wild time with it.  Some issues with the kick pad but Alesis have replaced it twice, most recently with the DM8 USB kick pad that I hope is going to be more durable than the Pro.

Anyways, thought I'd give everyone a wave, introduce myself and hope to be chiming in on topics soon!

Cheers

Welcome to the forum WelshMetal.