Author Topic: New to Alesis, new to drums  (Read 1435 times)

New to Alesis, new to drums
« on: August 05, 2016, 11:12:20 AM »
Hello, all-

Just wanted to introduce myself.  After wanting to learn drums for decades, I have finally decided it's never too late and I am going to give it a try.  (I am a lifetime musician and have at least played piano/keyboards for years and am into music theory and composing and ear training.)  So far I am doing stuff through mikeslessons and using several basic technique books; planning to find a local teacher when possible.  Time is limited with family and work but drums have been a lifelong dream.

I recently purchased an Alesis DM10x as my kit.  I've already found the forum very helpful in resolving issues I've worked through so thank you for all for that.

Take care-

Rob

Online Hellfire

Re: New to Alesis, new to drums
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 11:58:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum Rob!

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 05:27:28 PM »
Thanks!  Great forum with lots of helpful info.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 11:13:24 AM »
Hi. Everybody, I'm Joey and I'm new to alesis but been playing since I was about 13, the only kit I ever owned was a piece of junk chicken percussion and it didn't hold up well, got a alesis dm10 Monday and still getting used to playing again , just have to do the tweaking and tuning to get it right, but so far I'm liking it, the only complaint I have is that the ho hat dosent seen like it has the half open sensitivity, calabrated to open and close and it works pretty good that way, but still playing with and getting everything set the way I won't it, I hope I got a pretty good kit for the money