Author Topic: DM10 Parameters I'm going to like!  (Read 5158 times)

Offline Hellfire

DM10 Parameters I'm going to like!
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:00:38 PM »
I was looking at the manual again today and saw some parameters that I know I'm going to like. Here is a portion of page 11 from the Alesis DM10 manual:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:02:44 PM by Hellfire »

Offline Hellfire

Re: DM10 Parameters I'm going to like!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 09:05:44 PM »
Anybody else have a chance to look over the manual? Let me know what you guys think.

Offline goony

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 04:57:54 AM »
I liked some of the retro-SDS sounds listed in the manual, now I hope they  sound good...
KIT: Roland TD9s
Online Browser Game Desert Ops
http://uk.desert-operations.com/?recruiter=275

Offline audiopat

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 05:15:08 AM »
I've read through the manual, it looks like it's going to be a deep tool in terms of functions. I'm very interested to see how the september works in practice, I saw thats it's possible to write your own sequences using click editing. If there is a way to import bass or key parts to the module, It would be an extremely powerful tool for live performance. 

Offline ghostman

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 03:09:41 AM »
One thing I'd like - and correct me if I am wrong but I think there is a tool like this for Roland modules..

The ability to edit / tweak settings on a PC interface and then save it out.

I don't know how the VEX folk do it, but I am pretty sure they don't do COSM editing on the modules themselves.  I really like the VEX concept - pre-tuned kits modeled after artists / albums.  If any other module would be able to have this flexibility and potential - I think the new DM-10 will with all the custom sounds and possibilities.  Does anyone have any inside info about how to upgrade sounds with new sounds from BFD (assuming they are using BFD as a base for the sound samples)?

I did read the manual looking for mention of sound upgrading.

Hellfire had the interview with the Alesis guy and I am pretty sure they talked about the ability to eventually expand the sound base of the DM10.

peace, out.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 10:37:46 AM »
One thing I'd like - and correct me if I am wrong but I think there is a tool like this for Roland modules..

This also avaiable for Alesis products as well. Heck, I used a free program to edit my DM5 back in the day and the DMPro came with its own software to make your own samples. I believe it was call Sound Bridge. You can still get interface software for the DM5. Its called DM5edit..

I don't know how the VEX folk do it, but I am pretty sure they don't do COSM editing on the modules themselves.

They most likely use an interface software on a PC to make the kits, but they would still need the modules hooked up to the computer so they could hear what they are doing.

I really like the VEX concept - pre-tuned kits modeled after artists / albums.
You can do this with any module that lets you edit the onboard kits. Dump the midi data back to your PC and then sell your custom drum kits. You need a good ear (which the guys at VEX have) but other than that, you could do it as well.

If any other module would be able to have this flexibility and potential - I think the new DM-10 will with all the custom sounds and possibilities.  Does anyone have any inside info about how to upgrade sounds with new sounds from BFD (assuming they are using BFD as a base for the sound samples)?

I did read the manual looking for mention of sound upgrading.

Hellfire had the interview with the Alesis guy and I am pretty sure they talked about the ability to eventually expand the sound base of the DM10.

peace, out.
Yep, I did an interview with Jim Norman (good guy). We did talk about that subject. Here's the podcast again: Podcast 8/20/09 Episode!

Offline ghostman

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 03:12:42 AM »

This also avaiable for Alesis products as well. Heck, I used a free program to edit my DM5 back in the day and the DMPro came with its own software to make your own samples. I believe it was call Sound Bridge. You can still get interface software for the DM5. Its called DM5edit..

So, is there an editor for the IO? or will there be for the DM-10?

I don't know how the VEX folk do it, but I am pretty sure they don't do COSM editing on the modules themselves.

They most likely use an interface software on a PC to make the kits, but they would still need the modules hooked up to the computer so they could hear what they are doing.

True, I didn't think about that.

I really like the VEX concept - pre-tuned kits modeled after artists / albums.
You can do this with any module that lets you edit the onboard kits. Dump the midi data back to your PC and then sell your custom drum kits. You need a good ear (which the guys at VEX have) but other than that, you could do it as well.

Thanks.  When's the new podcast?
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 09:12:59 AM »
So, is there an editor for the IO? or will there be for the DM-10?
Well, the DM5 editor wasn't made by Alesis. It was made by a programmer who liked using the DM5 so much but wanted to control it via his computer. I'm sure some type of editor could be made for the IO or the DM-10 but it would need to be made by a fan of the product who knows how to program.

Thanks.  When's the new podcast?
Soon, I hope. I'm trying to find some time to do it.

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »
I wonder why they donĀ“t made Demos with Drums only... also many Demos sounded like one and the same Kit using (not House and R&B), some Snares sounds like "just get out of the Box and playing without tuning". So tell me, this Demos have been only B-Versions and the Endproduct has much better sounds... cause the old DDrum Libarys have been better than this demos!

Theo