Author Topic: Replacement DM10 Jog Wheel  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Failed Muso

Replacement DM10 Jog Wheel
« on: November 08, 2016, 05:49:12 AM »
Just thought I'd share.

The rubber coating on the jog wheel on my DM10 had started to degrade and become very sticky and therefore need replacing. I managed to soak and remove what was left of the coating to make it useable, but of course this revealed a shiny plastic surface which is fine for lightweight use but would probably become an issue in the heat of a gig with sweaty hands ;)

Anyway, the only supplier of a replacement I could find online was in the U.S. They wanted $7 for the part and three times that for the shipping!  :o

So I got in touch with inMusic Europe and they can supply direct...

Part No: PT1310612101
Part Description: Knob, Rotary, Value
Price (ex VAT): £1.24
Shipping (ex VAT): £2.40
Availability: In Stock

Order via inMusic on 01252 896 040.

I guess this is only useful to U.K. users, but thought I'd share :)

P.S. This is just the plastic disc, not the actual encoder pot itself.

(image courtesy of instrumentalparts.com)
Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2

Offline AlanK

Re: Replacement DM10 Jog Wheel
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 08:25:17 AM »
Hey Failed, was thinking wouldn't you be able to buy a small jar of paint on rubber type of application? Then carefully apply a few layers till it's thick enough to last a while.. can get them at most hardware stores in various colours.. just a thought

Although, unless the depressed part where you stick your finger is only a part of the rubber cover then you'd maybe have to press a cylindrical shape onto the paint as it's near dry and over and over each layer to make it deep enough to get a finger in
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 08:27:24 AM by AlanK »
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Failed Muso

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 09:02:48 AM »
Hey Failed, was thinking wouldn't you be able to buy a small jar of paint on rubber type of application? Then carefully apply a few layers till it's thick enough to last a while.. can get them at most hardware stores in various colours.. just a thought

Although, unless the depressed part where you stick your finger is only a part of the rubber cover then you'd maybe have to press a cylindrical shape onto the paint as it's near dry and over and over each layer to make it deep enough to get a finger in

You probably could, but it would probably cost more than the total cost of a new part, which was about £4.37 ;)
Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 09:41:01 AM »
hahaha, yeah, I don't know why I was so interested in DIY when it's so cheap to just order the correct replacement  ???

I should just shut up and go back to work  lol
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Failed Muso

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 11:13:46 AM »
hahaha, yeah, I don't know why I was so interested in DIY when it's so cheap to just order the correct replacement  ???

I should just shut up and go back to work  lol

Oh and I'm all for DIY, except when it's cheaper to be lazy ;) LOL