Author Topic: Cymbal Mount End Cap  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Failed Muso

Cymbal Mount End Cap
« on: October 27, 2016, 03:04:51 PM »
I've just got my Crimson Mesh Kit and was wondering if anyone has been able to buy an additional cymbal mount end cap to modify the far right rack pillar? (see attached Pic)

If so, do Alesis have a part number for that?
Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2

DM10(BlueJay)/DM8/iO, SD3; Shure SE215, Simmons DA50, Alto ZMX862, Focusrite Scarlett; Tama SpeedCobra, VF 7AN, Roc-N-Soc;
DIY: Tennis Ball Drum Riser, Cymbal Felt Beater, Footswitch Cymbal Choker[url]

Offline Failed Muso

Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2

Offline AlanK

Re: Cymbal Mount End Cap
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 10:57:33 AM »
That's a cool attachment piece that reduces and clamps a boom rod to a stand leg (you'll have to be able to pry the top plastic cap off the leg so some of the arm can slide down into it for height adjustment, but shouldn't be too hard).

I've actually started adding a couple of my own cymbal stands to my DM10X. First was the ride, I was having so much difficulty getting it placed where I liked it and the boom had to be angled down too far for my liking.. putting it on a solid stand of its own removes any chance of xtalk AND it looks cool  8) Same with adding an extra crash/china type.. the more extra stands one adds the more it looks like a tricked out kit and a bit closer to an acoustic layout.

And it hasn't added any major increase to the floorspace
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers