Author Topic: DM10 Expansion with Trigger I/O & ControlPad  (Read 46771 times)

Offline imattpeters

Re: DM10 Expansion with Trigger I/O & ControlPad
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2015, 06:02:46 PM »
Hi,

I've installed the blue Jays sound set and now i don't seam to have any midi in function as described here.

I was able to do it before.

Is it possible a default setting got changed to off or does it just not work with blue jays?

Rgards

Offline the doctor

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2015, 02:28:28 PM »
Can anyone tell me, how to connect two modules together, to use simultaneously on one kit?  My initial thought was to use a splitter on each pad/ cymbal.  I still need to have both headphone outputs go to one headphone set.  What about using midi, or a patch bay?

Offline TheGoshawk

« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2016, 07:01:43 PM »
Sorry if I'm going  somewhay out of main topic, but I'm quite desperate  :(
My DM10 Sound Module just broke because of a supply overvoltage and it doesn't work at all. So sad, so unlucky. I always used my DM10 Studio Kit with Superior Drummer via USB-Midi, so I nearly never used the on-board sounds of the DM10. So I am wondering if it makes sense to buy a DDrum DDTI instead of a more expensive DM10 module and to use it to send the Studio Kit trigger to Superior Drummer.
Does it make sense or you would go fo a new, expensive DM10 module even if I just need to send midi signals to the VST module?

I noticed that with DDrum DDTI one TRS input would be lacking, since the DDTI has 10 TRS + HH Control while the DM10 sends 11 trigger TRS + HH Control (because of the additional floor tom and the Ride 1 (A) + Ride 2 (B) plugs): is it possible to use only one TRS signal (output "A" from the ride pad) and thus use only the Ride main sound + bell, ignoring the choke?
Generally speaking, is there any issue in using the DDTI to capture and midi-send the DM10 triggers?

I read something about Alesis IO / DDrum DDTI latency, yet I had none with the DM10... could I expect the same with that modules?

Since the DM10 module is completely out-of-use I can't check the triggers: is there any possibility that the overvoltage (or short circuit) damaged the pads/cymbals too? Would it be possible to test them (even one by one) by connecting the Yamaha DTXplorer sound module of a friend of mine?

I really thank you for your replies and support... experiencing the DM10 stroke has been quite painful, since I adore the DM10 kit!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:41:17 AM by TheGoshawk »

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2017, 03:59:53 PM »
... experiencing the DM10 stroke has been quite painful, since I adore the DM10 kit!
I'm a little late to the party (new here), but with that last statement... I'd have to recommend you getting your hands on another DM10 module. It truly is what it is!

This is a very cool thread.
I'm a new Alesis Drummer. I think I bought one of the last brand new DM 10 X Mesh kits before they completely disappeared (as a new purchase anyway) from the web marketplace, to be replaced by Crimson, Strike, and other new brethren.

I'm grateful for the timing of it... I really like this DM10 and already miss it being gone from the marketplace.

So I'm thinking that this thread's info will still work nearly the same with the newer lineup of Alesis stuff, like the SamplePad Pro and the SampleRack? I hope so.

I'm not planning a Monster kit just yet, but I am planning to get a SamplePad Pro and midi it into my DM10 so that I can use the DM10 samples with those extra pads. We'll see how that goes when the time comes.

Glad I've found this forum though... even though I am very late to the game ;)