Author Topic: Does Alesis repair drum triggers, or replace them?  (Read 1617 times)

Does Alesis repair drum triggers, or replace them?
« on: September 13, 2018, 07:14:17 PM »
My 12” floor tom quit after 5 days of light, occasional playing. I’m hoping they will repair it and may make it a little more robust, instead of replacing it with another crappilly soldered one. I got and extended warranty, so I have a feeling Alesis and I will become well acquainted.

It may be a good idea to have a backup 10” and 12” tom for times like this. I know it’s prolly not a difficult fix, but that feels like letting them off the hook, at least at this point. >:(

I’m not really angry...yet. All the reviews I read kinda warned of this flaw. But jeez, 5 days?

Offline ironman187

Re: Does Alesis repair drum triggers, or replace them?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 09:39:35 PM »
Alesis typically just replaces them. The fix is pretty easy, I have a tutorial for doing it in the DIY section. If you don't feel up to the take, I have done the repair for several people and only charge $30 +shipping.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 11:01:52 AM »
Thank you. I’ll check out the video and maybe save it for future reference.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 11:08:09 AM »
My kick drum piezo wiring came loose a few weeks in and I re-soldered it, but of course, it shouldn't have that quickly, and I'm not a heavy hitter/kicker generally. The wires are pretty light gauge.. maybe some extra protective tape over the solder joint and part of the wire leading away, or glue gun the area would help. Not the best in design / manufacture, but perhaps part of the reason you can get a huge tricked out kit for a quarter of the price of a Roland or other higher priced brands? Oddly enough, I've had my DM10X now for about four or five years and have had no issues with any other piece and I'm very happy with my purchase :)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 12:26:04 PM »
Just got off the phone with them. They said they’d send me a replacement. Interesting  that they didn’t ask for the old one, or the serial number. I should get it in 5-7 days.