Author Topic: Compatible bass drum with DM10  (Read 1311 times)

Offline GiulioG10

Compatible bass drum with DM10
« on: February 28, 2018, 05:14:00 AM »
Hi, unfortunately my bass drum seems broken beyond repair, so i've been looking for a replacement. Is there a list of compatible ones? Is there one that you would recommend?

Offline AlanK

Re: Compatible bass drum with DM10
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 10:16:59 AM »
Just curious why you feel your bass drum is beyond repair.. but maybe you've been writing about it in another thread.

Anyhow, some of us have bought from Laurin Drums, just outside of Montreal Canada. Just google the name. I've bought a snare and a kick drum from him, work great for me and love the size and look. Pic attached.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Mr.J.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 01:14:31 PM »
I second what Alan said.

Offline Dobly

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 11:01:10 PM »
Can you add a photo of the 'beyond repair' bass drum? What have you done to it?  :)

Offline GiulioG10

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 06:42:18 AM »
I started a tread already http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=7507.0

Tl;dr
A wire came off in the back, I soldered it back in place but nothing changed. Even tapping on the piezo sorts no effect

Offline GiulioG10

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 06:45:25 AM »
Laurin drums seems very good, but living in Europe I would have to pay 180$ of shipping, which seems absurd to me, I mean for that price I demand it 3 seconds after the order lol

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 12:05:23 AM »
I started a tread already http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=7507.0

Tl;dr
A wire came off in the back, I soldered it back in place but nothing changed. Even tapping on the piezo sorts no effect
That's very common in e-drumming.
Eventually we all (unless we're rich or sponsored) will need to know how to replace our Piezo transducers!
Here's a video I just found but didn't have time to watch all the way through.

I did watch it far enough to see that he does explain nicely "why" we need to replace them from time to time, as well as to see him recommend where to get the replacement piezo - but that's the thing. So many e-drummers opt for a whole bag of Piezo triggers for really low price compared to a Radio Shack option, which is still pretty darned cheap.

Truly, though. We need to know how to do this. I haven't reached that stage yet, but I'm all ready to make my first order of piezo triggers and a soldering setup.  I've seen a lot of people on the Alesis support forums blaming Alesis for this. Like the guy in the video says - most e-drums use these things... and they eventually just kick the bucket. It happens to them all eventually.

Hope this helps. I love my DM10 kick tower!!!

https://youtu.be/PEEBde_5_nQ
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist

Offline GiulioG10

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 06:13:46 AM »
So, I wasn't able to fix my pad. I'm gonna a try a hail Mary and then buy a new one. I was specifically looking  at the Yamaha kp100. Does anyone of you know if it's compatible? The kp65 is compatible so I assume that the kp100 would be as well but idk
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 08:19:53 AM by GiulioG10 »