Author Topic: Crash dual triggers  (Read 1259 times)

Crash dual triggers
« on: January 25, 2018, 08:48:42 PM »
I bought a used DM8 Pro kit, and just finished upgrading to mesh heads. I love it so far. Now, there is one thing that keeps me scratching my head. The crash has two inputs. It came with a dongle TRS 1/4 inch plug, and if I remove it it doesn't make any sound. Now, if I plug another TRS cable, and hook that to the PREC2 out on the module, I can configure it as, lets say, a splash, but instead of triggering the splash in the cymbal bell, it gets triggered on the main surface.

So, can anyone please explain to me how this works? What is the second input on this crash for, and how can I configure it to play two different sounds, but on different zones.

Thanks a ton for the help.

Re: Crash dual triggers
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 10:06:55 PM »
Just realized that I posted it in the wrong forum. Can a moderator please move this thread to the triggers forum?

Thanks

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 11:22:38 PM »
I bought a used DM8 Pro kit, and just finished upgrading to mesh heads. I love it so far. Now, there is one thing that keeps me scratching my head. The crash has two inputs. It came with a dongle TRS 1/4 inch plug, and if I remove it it doesn't make any sound. Now, if I plug another TRS cable, and hook that to the PREC2 out on the module, I can configure it as, lets say, a splash, but instead of triggering the splash in the cymbal bell, it gets triggered on the main surface.

So, can anyone please explain to me how this works? What is the second input on this crash for, and how can I configure it to play two different sounds, but on different zones.

Thanks a ton for the help.

The 2nd input on the crash is the Bell trigger... SWITCH type
You'll need to change the trigger type of the PERC2Rim input (from the EXT TRIG menu) from PIEZO to SWITCH, and set the instrument assignment for the PERC2HD input to NONE.

Then assign a sound to the bell trigger from the PERC2Rim input in the INST menu.

Offline korakios

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 04:55:47 AM »
In DM10 it’s usually the ride that is triple zone ,but on my used DM10x I also got triple zone crashes !

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 12:58:16 PM »
Got it figured out, thanks for the help.