Author Topic: My command set up.  (Read 2397 times)

My command set up.
« on: January 12, 2018, 07:51:43 PM »
So here’s that B & W photo of my command kit , with a tama speed cobra and a behringer kB amp and that sweet old sink in the back !

I love this kit , my only complaint is the work around you have to use in order to even consider a double kick .

Offline Dartanbeck

Re: My command set up.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 11:14:38 PM »
Sweet! I'm looking at Command kit now.

How do you like the Command module?

Nice setup, btw. I might get one of those Behringers as well!
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 11:31:30 PM »
The module is pretty good . Mind you this is my first edrum kit . But Ive found it easy enough to change kits and make user kits and change different parameters of the triggers and voices which there are plenty of .

My only complaint and this is briefly mentioned in the first post , is if you want to use a double bass set up you need to change the bass pad trigger settings . Basically if you play fast it won’t pick up each hit , but I found a post with some settings that eliminate the problem !!

I will post those as soon as I can .

But other wise I love love love it and the behringer works great , it’s the smaller 12” model and I can’t even touch its potential .  I even play my line6 pedal board through it pretty much replaces my guitar amp . I will buy another eventually to pair them together .

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 09:18:53 AM »
Sweet! Thanks for the reply!
I'm glad you love your kit! That, after all, is the most important thing of all!
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 03:32:34 AM »
The module is pretty good . Mind you this is my first edrum kit . But Ive found it easy enough to change kits and make user kits and change different parameters of the triggers and voices which there are plenty of .

My only complaint and this is briefly mentioned in the first post , is if you want to use a double bass set up you need to change the bass pad trigger settings . Basically if you play fast it won’t pick up each hit , but I found a post with some settings that eliminate the problem !!

Hey Papafonde, I have the same kit but with the opposite problem, I don't use a double bass but my single hit registers two quick hits. Is it technique or is there some kind of setting I can change. It's my first kitand I'm loving it so far...

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 06:44:40 AM »
Each trigger has settings which can be changed . If you go menu->trigger-> hit the kick so it selects kick and then scroll down to threshold , I believe this is the setting to tweak in order to cancel out those Dbl hits . The mesh pad certainly has a bounce to it . I couldn’t tell ya what # to set it to but I suggest going to extremes and then dialing in to your sweet spot .

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 09:29:26 PM »
Each trigger has settings which can be changed . If you go menu->trigger-> hit the kick so it selects kick and then scroll down to threshold , I believe this is the setting to tweak in order to cancel out those Dbl hits . The mesh pad certainly has a bounce to it . I couldn’t tell ya what # to set it to but I suggest going to extremes and then dialing in to your sweet spot .

Thanks Papafonde. I’ve set threshold way up and retrigger way down and that seemed to work