Author Topic: dm10x bass guitar notes??  (Read 1080 times)

dm10x bass guitar notes??
« on: January 09, 2018, 11:11:09 AM »
I am trying to add a bass guitar to my kick, (layer B)
the sounds I am getting out of all of the basses listed are really high, i have edited the semi tones all the way down (-12) and they all still sound somewhere around middle C, nothing lower??
also tried changing the  MIDI note, but nothing changes...???
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:25:34 AM by Harold »

Offline Dartanbeck

Re: dm10x bass guitar notes??
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 04:22:42 PM »
I was just looking through the MIDI Implementation Chart in the DM10 User's manual, and noticed that Pitch Bend SEND/RECEIVE is for Basses only.

I've recently been told that some of those extra voices in the module are there for the (MIDI) purposes of recording accompaniment tracks. It appears that (at least by default) the Accompaniment track recording is read from MIDI channel #1, whereas the DM10 (and all other drum modules) send on MIDI channel #10.

That said, if we'd hook up a keyboard or other notation based MIDI controller via MIDI channel #1, and assigned it to play the Bass voice you want, it would magically have all of the notes you need.

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I just thought that, while I'm trying to wrap my head around all of this, my your gears turning could help too?   I'd love to be able to assign Bass notes to triggers!

Anyway... hope this helps. BTW - DM10 seems pretty powerful in the ways of MIDI. rhysT has a thread going on how he uses a MIDI cable on nothing more than the DM10 itself (bridge from OUT right back to IN) and can then use MIDI to add extra NOTEs to the individual pads while still keeping their default two layers for voices.

So maybe there's some MIDI way to assign those Bass notes to become what we'd need them to be? Not really sure yet. I'm still too Newb to all of this! LOL
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist