Author Topic: Trigger IO/Ddrum DDti  (Read 2449 times)

Trigger IO/Ddrum DDti
« on: September 30, 2017, 12:58:02 AM »
Is it possible to split each of the inputs on a Trigger IO and use them with my drum software?
Making 20 trigger zones? I was going to buy 3 of them to give me 60 zones of trigger electronic goodness.

Online Hellfire

Re: Trigger IO/Ddrum DDti
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 11:37:32 AM »
Is it possible to split each of the inputs on a Trigger IO and use them with my drum software?
Making 20 trigger zones? I was going to buy 3 of them to give me 60 zones of trigger electronic goodness.

Couple things about posting:

1) Please do not post the same topic in two different places on the site. It just muddies the site up. Your questions will not be answered any more quickly just because you asked in two or more places.

2) I deleted your identical topic.

To answer your question:

Yes, with the exception of the ride input. That input is hardware set for piezo/switch only. So splitting that input would be a waste of time. Last time I looked into this (several years ago) most drum software would only recognize two midi devices. Again, it was years ago that was the case. The software my be different these days and you may be able to get away with more midi devices.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 07:04:11 PM »

1) Please do not post the same topic in two different places on the site. It just muddies the site up. Your questions will not be answered any more quickly just because you asked in two or more places.

To answer your question:

Yes, with the exception of the ride input. That input is hardware set for piezo/switch only. So splitting that input would be a waste of time. Last time I looked into this (several years ago) most drum software would only recognize two midi devices. Again, it was years ago that was the case. The software my be different these days and you may be able to get away with more midi devices.

So will my DAW/drum program recognize 20 inputs per Trigger IO? And then allow me to assign a midi note per zone?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 09:54:21 PM »

To answer your question:

So will my DAW/drum program recognize 20 inputs per Trigger IO? And then allow me to assign a midi note per zone?

You do understand that TriggerI/O-DDti is not an audio interface and the purpose of the TriggerI/O-DDTI is.. Trigger Input to midi Output?
TriggerI/O-DDti sends midi over a midi channel(assigned in the module) the module is identified as a midi device in the DAW and it will depend on the Drum software capabilities if it can midi-learn or re-assign(map)the midi notes,that's where key maps come in.If the software is not capable then you'll have to assign the midi notes in the TriggerI/O-DDti to match the mapping of the instrument or whatever you are using  midi notes to trigger.. then adjust any triggering problems in the module