Author Topic: Photobucket 3rd party hosting  (Read 2093 times)

Offline Dobly

Photobucket 3rd party hosting
« on: July 01, 2017, 06:44:55 AM »
Every post I have put on this forum with images in it are hosted on Photobucket. Those photos in these forum now show a Photobucket ad for me to upgrade my photobucket account to allow 3rd party access.. Something that has been fine all these years.

I have recently started an account on Imgur and so far so good.

Alas, that does not save all my posts on this or any other forum. My mind boggles with how much work it will take me to fix all my posts. If anyone needs to see an image from my posts let me know.

Edit: I just read that it would cost me $399 a year to host my photos. #$@!$@#$@# that.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 06:56:46 AM by Dobly »

Online Hellfire

Re: Photobucket 3rd party hosting
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 11:41:22 AM »
Every post I have put on this forum with images in it are hosted on Photobucket. Those photos in these forum now show a Photobucket ad for me to upgrade my photobucket account to allow 3rd party access.. Something that has been fine all these years.

I have recently started an account on Imgur and so far so good.

Alas, that does not save all my posts on this or any other forum. My mind boggles with how much work it will take me to fix all my posts. If anyone needs to see an image from my posts let me know.

Edit: I just read that it would cost me $399 a year to host my photos. #$@!$@#$@# that.

You do realize that you can upload images to alesisDRUMMER.com for free?

You are limited to four per post and they need to be under 1 meg each, but that shouldn't be an issue as many photo programs let you "save for web" and will compress them in a way that isn't obvious. That's normally large enough to show just about anything. Here's an example:

Offline Dobly

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 06:08:49 PM »
D'oh. How did I not know that? Thanks Hellfire.

Offline Dobly

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 01:43:27 AM »
I just (painstakingly) downloaded all my photos from Photo Bucket. Thanks to the constant barrage of ads on that horrible site it took me about 2 hours.

Now that I have the photos I'lll slowly get to fixing my posts on this forum. Starting with the most recent. Some of my earlier posts (cones and such) are not of real value other than in a 'don't try this at home' sort of way.

Offline Dobly

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 11:12:36 PM »
I cannot see an option to attach an image. Am I just missing it if is there an admin setting on my account preventing it?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 11:29:26 PM »
To add pics to your previous posts, click on modify...(Attachments and other options)..Attach....browse for file.
 :)