Author Topic: DM10 Studio Mesh - Snare Only Triggering Rim Shot  (Read 2115 times)

DM10 Studio Mesh - Snare Only Triggering Rim Shot
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:32:34 AM »
Hey all, I got a second hand kit about 2 weeks ago and it's been wonderful until  few days ago. I noticed that I was 'missing' a hit every so often on the snare. I had a look into the settings to ensure that the retrigger setting was ok and everything seemed to be all right. A day or two later I noticed that the snare head was triggering less and less and that the rim shot sample was playing almost every single time. Now I'm lucky to get one snare head sample for every 20-30 hits. I fiddled with the Xtalk, sensitivity and threshold settings to no avail.

I updated the firmware for the kit with the latest version from the Alesis site and reset all the trigger settings to start from scratch. I also switched cables between the Snare and a few Toms and noticed that the snare samples played fine through the toms, but any tom I hooked up to the snare pad played only the Rim Shot sample. This is sounding more and more like a hardware issue.

Just looking to get other opinions before I look to get it repaired to avoid messing about and because shipping anything to Perth, Australia takes a millenia.

Anything else that i can try?

Offline JimmyB

Re: DM10 Studio Mesh - Snare Only Triggering Rim Shot
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »
Try another channel, then another cord but I suspect a bad piezo. Easy to replace if u can solder
JimmyB

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 04:14:34 AM »
Sorry if this a stupid question, but can you expand on what you mean by trying another channel?

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 06:15:47 PM »
I believe he means he recommends basic trouble shooting such as plugging the snare into a different plug such as a Tom1 to find out it its the drum or the module plug. Also try a different cable as well before repairing the head.