Author Topic: Performance Pad Pro - Is it worth it?  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Th3R00st3r

Performance Pad Pro - Is it worth it?
« on: January 21, 2016, 06:06:43 PM »
This may sound stoopid...

I have the option to purchase a Performance Pad Pro for @ $100. I can use it for various sound effects and background parts to use during songs along with my DM10. For instance we are doing a cover if Moves Like Jagger, and none of us can whistle very well. I though I could assign it to a pad on the PPP along with a couple of the synth sounds.

The question is, is it worth it? Am I going about this the wrong way?

If not the PPP, is there a better "add on" to the DM10 you would add first? I have the Studio Kit.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline Th3R00st3r

Re: Performance Pad Pro - Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 07:24:24 PM »
Ah, I said screw it and bought it anyway.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 09:16:44 AM »
Wow that seems like a great deal, I would have jumped on it too. I've been lusting after an addon pad to see what they do. I have no idea where/how I'd squeeze it into my drumming area, cramped as it is.. but very cool, glad you got it. So this one you can run samples and loops, right?
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:40:46 AM »
From what I understand, I can add it using a MIDI to trigger DM sounds, but what I might use it for is to trigger some sounds off of a sampler software. When we play, there are some synth parts, or sound effects in songs that I could use, and we don't have a keyboard player so...

We'll see..
Pattern Play Mode. In this mode, you can play pre-selected
Patterns in a sequence, using the pads to trigger the Patterns in real-time.

Looks to be in pretty good condition for $100
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/YWgAAOSwT~9WhtDt/s-l500.jpg

Offline bmealer

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 01:38:53 AM »
Yeah....I would have jumped on that too.  From what I've read, I believe it will do exactly what you are wanting it to do.  I think you can store the samples on an SD card as well.
Alesis DM10-X, Remo Silent Stroke mesh heads, 682drums cone conversion, Tama Speed Cobra double pedal, Pork Pie Big Boy Drum Throne, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones, PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL, Studio One Producer, Superior Drummer 2