Author Topic: NEW 2014 Alesis Pro X Hi-Hat  (Read 60259 times)

Offline Khes74

Re: NEW 2014 Alesis Pro X Hi-Hat
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »
Does anybody know when this will be released in the U.S.A? An estimate for the UK is February 24th Link here- http://www.gear4music.com/Drums-and-Percussion/Alesis-Pro-X-Hi-Hat-Controller-For-DM10-DM8/XFW. Thanks

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
Does anybody know when this will be released in the U.S.A? An estimate for the UK is February 24th Link here- http://www.gear4music.com/Drums-and-Percussion/Alesis-Pro-X-Hi-Hat-Controller-For-DM10-DM8/XFW. Thanks

Hmm - Well one of the quotes above said "This Spring" but if Alesis is based in Rhode Island I would like to think we would see them earlier. Of course my logic is not necessarily Alesis's logic., or distribution etc. The only 100% certainty is that they will be made in China, lol. Oh yeah, I am SO going to throw one of these into my DM10 X - I do "ok" with the Real Hat setup, but apparently I am not alone in being unable to consistently control "Chic vs. Splash" - a major annoyance in my experience.. Hi Hat stands are reasonable, so these + $50-70 on either a PDP or similar stand. Cant wait to spend MORE moneeeey!

Offline Khes74

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 01:41:42 PM »
Yeah I know what you mean. I tried turning the splash off but it didn't work. I would get it just cause its freaking cool looking. ;)

Offline AlanK

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 11:01:02 AM »
If you sell your foot pedal and cymbal on ebay you'll probably get £40-50 which you can put towards it (this is my plan).

Will definitely buy this hi-hat improvement (hopefully it is) and would re-purpose the original cymbal as an extra crash or china elsewhere on my kit. Anybody have any tips on what hi-hat stand would go well? Or all of them would do? One of our local music stores has a Tama on sale, it's a pretty good deal and the stand seems fairly solid.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Khes74

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 01:01:05 PM »
Well it terms of stability you should be able to put it on the rack that came with your drum set(assuming you have a full set and an extra clamp) So any sort of hi hat stand should do. I believe most hi-hat stands go for about $80ish in the U.S.A.

Offline Bones

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 05:01:44 PM »

Anybody have any tips on what hi-hat stand would go well? Or all of them would do?

Alesis states it will be "compatible with any standard hi-hat stand" so the Tama you mention should be fine.
A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless to resist.

Offline Khes74

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 05:10:26 PM »
If you sell your foot pedal and cymbal on ebay you'll probably get £40-50 which you can put towards it (this is my plan).

Will definitely buy this hi-hat improvement (hopefully it is) and would re-purpose the original cymbal as an extra crash or china elsewhere on my kit. Anybody have any tips on what hi-hat stand would go well? Or all of them would do? One of our local music stores has a Tama on sale, it's a pretty good deal and the stand seems fairly solid.

Yeah you put the sensor before you place the bottom hi-hat at least that's what I understood from the picture.

Offline Khes74

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 01:20:26 PM »
My main concern is that the hi-hat (which I don't think will be 360) actually will spin off or not stay in place because of a loose pull rod.

Offline Khes74

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 03:42:18 PM »

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 11:46:29 AM »
"Hi,

The Pearl Hi Hat is called the EHH-2.

We developed it with the Alesis engineers.

It will go into production in February with a release date of May.

Yes it will need a software update .

No cross talk issues were encountered and the two cymbals do not interfere with each other with the correct
calibration.

Thanks,
Bob "

If the Redbox needs updating, surely the DM8 and DM10 will too...

If they do need updating, maybe Alesis will use the same firmware as Pearl and we'll get some Redbox features as a result. Fingers crossed :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:50:08 PM by Ukko »
2x12", 2x10", 10" Bass DM Pads + 12" Hi Hat, 2x14" Crash, 16" Cymbals, Z-ed Twin Ply Mesh Heads, Trigger I/O, Superior Drummer, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Ableton Live

Offline Khes74

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 07:01:15 PM »
"Hi,

The Pearl Hi Hat is called the EHH-2.

We developed it with the Alesis engineers.

It will go into production in February with a release date of May.

Yes it will need a software update .

No cross talk issues were encountered and the two cymbals do not interfere with each other with the correct
calibration.

Thanks,
Bob "

If the Redbox needs updating, surely the DM8 and DM10 will too...

If they do need updating, maybe Alesis will use the same firmware as Pearl and we'll get some Redbox features as a result. Fingers crossed :)

Well yeah I would assume that they will have to update both of the modules. However I don't think the R.E.D box has any more features than the DM10 because its a copy. Hopefully they will fix the not being able to turn the hi-hat splash off.

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 11:54:08 PM »
I can't wait to get one.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:56:46 PM by Lotek »

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2014, 11:14:14 AM »
Well yeah I would assume that they will have to update both of the modules. However I don't think the R.E.D box has any more features than the DM10 because its a copy. Hopefully they will fix the not being able to turn the hi-hat splash off.

On the Alesis facebook page, it seems to suggest it doesn't need an update -
"George Musat - The Pro X Hi-Hat sends a fully continuous signal that the Alesis DM10 and DM8 modules recognize. After calibrating the Pro X Hi-Hat on the module and setting sensitivity (we like 65), you're good to go!"

The Redbox has had a V2 firmware update with tweaks and revisions to the default settings and 50 more kits. I don't think it adds any totally new sounds though. If Alesis did use the same firmware, i was hoping we might see the Redbox sound sets made available for DM10 users through an equivalent Alesis site or similar. Probably highly unlikely though as the sound sets are all Pearl acoustic kit orientated.
https://www.redboxsoundshop.com/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:17:01 AM by Ukko »
2x12", 2x10", 10" Bass DM Pads + 12" Hi Hat, 2x14" Crash, 16" Cymbals, Z-ed Twin Ply Mesh Heads, Trigger I/O, Superior Drummer, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Ableton Live

Offline Khes74

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »

On the Alesis facebook page, it seems to suggest it doesn't need an update -
"George Musat - The Pro X Hi-Hat sends a fully continuous signal that the Alesis DM10 and DM8 modules recognize. After calibrating the Pro X Hi-Hat on the module and setting sensitivity (we like 65), you're good to go!"

The Redbox has had a V2 firmware update with tweaks and revisions to the default settings and 50 more kits. I don't think it adds any totally new sounds though. If Alesis did use the same firmware, i was hoping we might see the Redbox sound sets made available for DM10 users through an equivalent Alesis site or similar. Probably highly unlikely though as the sound sets are all Pearl acoustic kit orientated.
https://www.redboxsoundshop.com/

If they are not updating the module the maybe it will be available sooner. None the less I would still like to see an update. I want the splash fixed and hopefully the ability to choke more cymbals.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:35:20 PM by Khes74 »

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 05:51:06 PM »
I'm sure a lot of DM10 owners would like the ability to choke Alesis.  :o
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 04:45:15 PM »
Hello guys,
I'm planning to buy the DM10X kit, but now I'm wondering if Alesis will have a new kit with this new hi-hat.

Also, can you tell me if the regular hi-hat pad is single or dual zone?
If the regular hi-hat pad is dual zone, than for me, this is one step forward and one step back.

Offline Khes74

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 05:01:14 PM »
Hello guys,
I'm planning to buy the DM10X kit, but now I'm wondering if Alesis will have a new kit with this new hi-hat.

If the regular hi-hat pad is dual zone, than for me, this is one step forward and one step back.

Perhaps. It would be more expensive though. However you can always use the extra pad as another cymbal if you have another cable which you should. It is single zone.

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 05:09:09 PM »
Hello guys,

Perhaps. It would be more expensive though. However you can always use the extra pad as another cymbal if you have another cable which you should. It is single zone.
Yeah, I thought about that too, that way I can have 1 hi-hat, 2 crashes, 1 ride and 1 china.
Thanks!

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 08:31:44 PM »
Lmao!  ;D

Hellfire posted a pic of the Pearl Trutrac Hi-hat.

http://www.hellfiredrums.com/pearl-epro-live-in-2014/

Nice to see a glimpse of the innards.

I wonder if you'll be able to swap the top cymbal with another i.e. 12" Surge cymbal or dual zone cymbal...

Offline Khes74

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »
Lmao!  ;D

Hellfire posted a pic of the Pearl Trutrac Hi-hat.

http://www.hellfiredrums.com/pearl-epro-live-in-2014/

Nice to see a glimpse of the innards.

I wonder if you'll be able to swap the top cymbal with another i.e. 12" Surge cymbal or dual zone cymbal...

probably not unless you want to butcher a hole in the surge cymbal, you probably should be able to switch out different cymbal tops but it might fail ail functioning.

Offline Trondster

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2014, 01:14:10 AM »
Hello guys,

The module only supports single zone hi-hats in the hi-hat input jack. Both this hi-hat, the regular hi-hat and the Surge hi-hat are single zone.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »
Hello guys,

The module only supports single zone hi-hats in the hi-hat input jack. Both this hi-hat, the regular hi-hat and the Surge hi-hat are single zone.
Thanks for the info!

Offline Khes74

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2014, 07:12:35 PM »
So I think June 14th is the Release Date, look above at earlier posts. I think there are two issues. 1. The way how the rubber doesn't go over the pad like a normal 14" ride cymbal would do reduces durability. My 12" crash with no choke broke within in a couple months.2. The bell or cup is not covered up. Again reducing the durability. You should not be hitting the bell but none the less will be an issue with the next problem. 3. Drop clutches. Without a full 360" playing surface you are probably bound to hit the non-playing surface of the hi-hat or the plastic cup/bell. Also I don't know if you will need a specific clutch for this hi-hat or not.

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2014, 01:31:46 AM »
I found this site with the Pro X Hi-Hat Showing in stock ready to ship. I can find it nowhere else so I'm not sure. I plan on calling them first thing Monday morning to see if it is ready to ship. I'll do an update when I know more.

http://www.frontendaudio.com/Alesis-Pro-X-Hi-Hat-Controller-p/9999-07678.htm

Phone number: 888-228-4530
price listed at $99.99
Have a good time all the time!

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2014, 12:00:20 AM »
Should be interesting. As they are still unsure of a release date. I emailed an Alesis employee just a few days ago and he said they don't have a release date but are aiming for June.