Author Topic: Looking to trade the Strike snare for a 12 inch strike pad  (Read 1476 times)

Hello, new to the forum. Just bought an Alesis Strike (just Strike, not the Pro version). Call me crazy but I don't want such a large snare as space is a real issue where the kit is located. So, is there anyone interested in a trade? My 14" Strike snare for your 12" tom pad. You can remove and keep the mounting hardware from your 12 inch tom pad to use with the 14 inch snare I'm trading if you'd like. You could then use the 14 inch for an additional large tom, and I can use the 12" for my snare.

Re: Looking to trade the Strike snare for a 12 inch strike pad
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 07:25:04 AM »
I was in the same situation, I had an extra 14" pad and wanted a 12" to use as a side snare. I was posting messages trying to trade, buy and sell... couldn’t find a 12" pad so..... I made my own using the trigger from the 14" pad.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 07:27:07 AM »
More pics.

Offline ironman187

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 03:37:13 AM »
Hello, new to the forum. Just bought an Alesis Strike (just Strike, not the Pro version). Call me crazy but I don't want such a large snare as space is a real issue where the kit is located. So, is there anyone interested in a trade? My 14" Strike snare for your 12" tom pad. You can remove and keep the mounting hardware from your 12 inch tom pad to use with the 14 inch snare I'm trading if you'd like. You could then use the 14 inch for an additional large tom, and I can use the 12" for my snare.

Why not just swap your 12" floor tom with your snare?

I just pulled the trigger on a used Strike and I'm actually wanting to do kind of the opposite. I have a 14" DIY snare that I plan to add to the kit. Ultimately I want to get a hold of another 14" pad, and get rid of the 8" tom so I have a 10" and a 12" tom, two 14" floor Tom's, and a 14" snare. Best of luck to you, you may have to buy a 12" pad and sell the snare.

Offline ironman187

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 10:59:35 PM »
Boy, too bad he hasn't logged in. I'm willing to make the trade, even have a 12" snare stand for a better fit.