Author Topic: Additions to my DM10X  (Read 2628 times)

Additions to my DM10X
« on: November 27, 2017, 06:16:05 AM »
A couple additions to my DM10X:
I got rid of the mylar heads and replaced them with the 682 mesh heads.
Hard to see in the photos, but wrapped the shell with red vinyl.
Added a Strike Pro Hi-hat w/ stand and re-assigned the existing Hi-hat cymbal to another crash cymbal.

Offline Th3R00st3r

Re: Additions to my DM10X
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 12:59:40 PM »
Allen,

Are you using your own cables? Mine are stretched to the max. I was considering removing the harness tape and replacing some of them with longer ones.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline Iggford

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 01:03:58 PM »
I've done that with mine.  My brain didn't make the connection that when I wanted to split some of my dual-zone inputs, I could just get a Y-adapter.  Instead, I went out and bought 6-foot Y-cables to split them off with.  Works just as well, just applied my own labels.  I took the harness tape off a long time ago because I've had my module placed in a couple different spots, and it just made it easier to manage the cables.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 06:55:22 AM »
Allen,

Are you using your own cables? Mine are stretched to the max. I was considering removing the harness tape and replacing some of them with longer ones.

Yes, I'm using the cables that came with the set.  I had to get one new cable for adding the extra cymbal (formally Hi-hat).  I like my ride cymbal on the far right side so those cables are stretched out pretty good.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 07:06:38 AM »
I've done that with mine.  My brain didn't make the connection that when I wanted to split some of my dual-zone inputs, I could just get a Y-adapter.  Instead, I went out and bought 6-foot Y-cables to split them off with.  Works just as well, just applied my own labels.  I took the harness tape off a long time ago because I've had my module placed in a couple different spots, and it just made it easier to manage the cables.

I'm very novice when it comes to all this.  Not sure what you mean by using the Y-cables.  I had one extra port in the back of the module so when I found what the name of it was I just use a regular cable to plug from the port to the cymbal and assigned it to the cymbal I wanted.  I'm still learning.

Offline Iggford

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »
I'm very novice when it comes to all this.  Not sure what you mean by using the Y-cables.  I had one extra port in the back of the module so when I found what the name of it was I just use a regular cable to plug from the port to the cymbal and assigned it to the cymbal I wanted.  I'm still learning.

You can use a special cable that splits the channel into two.  It can be used to split a dual-zone input into two single-zone inputs.  For instance, you can split a tom input so that you have the head trigger assigned to one pad (usually the tom), and the rim trigger assigned to a different pad altogether (such as an extra cymbal).  If you do this, you will lose functionality of the rims, but it allows you to add more pads.  I've added two additional cymbals, a second kick and an extra percussion pad by splitting channels.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 10:46:26 AM »

You can use a special cable that splits the channel into two.  It can be used to split a dual-zone input into two single-zone inputs.  For instance, you can split a tom input so that you have the head trigger assigned to one pad (usually the tom), and the rim trigger assigned to a different pad altogether (such as an extra cymbal).  If you do this, you will lose functionality of the rims, but it allows you to add more pads.  I've added two additional cymbals, a second kick and an extra percussion pad by splitting channels.

Got it.  Thanks

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 11:21:01 PM »
Sweet kit!!!
I like my ride cymbal on the far right side so those cables are stretched out pretty good.
Me too. They barely make it, but they do make it! ;)
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist