Author Topic: New to Alesis coming from Roland TD-9 kit. Is the DM Dock an option for a DM10  (Read 1139 times)

Hey guys I just recently Traded my Roland TD-9 kit for a double bass set of Tama Rockstar Custom Pros . I really didn't need the double bass set up , so I traded one kit for a DM10 Studio kit that was in need of some TLC. Someone had changed the Mylar heads to a mesh head that wasn't what I liked, so I changed them all to the Remo Silentstroke heads. I recently came across a good deal on a new DM Dock but I know nothing about this module other than I can use my ipad to set up my kit. I have searched for the DM Touch app and cannot find it in the app store? Is this an obsolete module? Is it worth the time and effort to use it? I have searched older post and it seems like maybe it was a novelty when it came out? Thanks in advance for any replies.   

Offline Chaser

Hey guys I just recently Traded my Roland TD-9 kit for a double bass set of Tama Rockstar Custom Pros . I really didn't need the double bass set up , so I traded one kit for a DM10 Studio kit that was in need of some TLC. Someone had changed the Mylar heads to a mesh head that wasn't what I liked, so I changed them all to the Remo Silentstroke heads. I recently came across a good deal on a new DM Dock but I know nothing about this module other than I can use my ipad to set up my kit. I have searched for the DM Touch app and cannot find it in the app store? Is this an obsolete module? Is it worth the time and effort to use it? I have searched older post and it seems like maybe it was a novelty when it came out? Thanks in advance for any replies.

I still use the DM Dock...I actually have 3 chained together for a large kit I am using.great TMI.Too bad Alesis never followed up on it.
There are a couple reasons it's missing from the app store.I see the product still listed as available for sale everywhere,so it's either because Alesis took it down to update (Highly doubtfull..hasn't been updated for over 3 years) or Apple removed it.
Starting with iOS 11 all 32 bit apps will no longer work and Apple has started removing them from the App store.
There are something like 180-200,000 apps being removed.
They have been sending notices to developers for the past couple years to update their apps or they will be removed.
You'll need the app in order to adjust the trigger settings..
PM sent

Thanks