Author Topic: Technical problem with DM10X - No Bass drum sounds  (Read 1627 times)

Offline TheDrumsCellar

Technical problem with DM10X - No Bass drum sounds
« on: May 15, 2017, 08:05:21 PM »
Hey everybody. I'm not too familiar with this site or how to navigate it. It took me 20 minutes just to get here...
ANYWAY, I went to fire up my DM10X today, which I have had since 2014, and all of a sudden none of the bass drum sounds are working! All I'm getting is a faint "Foof" sound. I checked all the cables, turned it off and on again several times, even tried using a different trigger. Disconnected & re-connected all of the cables, even tried using a different cable. Nothing helped. I'm convinced it is a software issue. Has this ever happened to anyone before? If so, how do I fix it?
-The DrumsCellar

Offline Dobly

Re: Technical problem with DM10X - No Bass drum sounds
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 09:14:19 PM »
You can press the 'Preview' button to audition a sound. Does the bass drum make as sound then?

Offline TheDrumsCellar

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 10:21:56 PM »
It makes the same weak sound. Even after attempting to reload the last update (from 8.5.2014) It does the same thing, even when I hit the demo button for each drum set. All bass drum sounds are gone; or at least corrupted.  :(
-The DrumsCellar

Offline Dobly

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:29:33 PM »
It makes the same weak sound. Even after attempting to reload the last update (from 8.5.2014) It does the same thing, even when I hit the demo button for each drum set. All bass drum sounds are gone; or at least corrupted.  :(

Have you tried a factory reset then? That might sort it out. Backup any settings you have made first.

Offline TheDrumsCellar

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 10:31:13 PM »
I Have 3 or 4 drum sets that I have created 100-104. How do I back them up and save them before doing a factory reset???
-The DrumsCellar

Offline TheDrumsCellar

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 10:44:42 PM »
 :-\ Even restoring the factory settings did not help.  :(
-The DrumsCellar

Offline Dobly

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 11:17:21 PM »
Yikes.. Not good.. Sorry but I'm out of ideas..

Offline TheDrumsCellar

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 07:49:22 AM »
Thanks for trying.
-The DrumsCellar

Offline Rmiller

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »
Have you connected the input to a different pad? Might just be the piezo is bad. I have had them go bad in the past. Easy to replace.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 08:27:14 AM »
Can you assign the bass drum sounds to any other triggers on your kit and hear it? If you can that would mean your sound set is intact. If you can't then it does sound as if something in your sound set is corrupted.

At that point the only thing I can think of trying is to reload the basic sound set. Unfortunately I haven't done that in over 3 years and I don't really remember how to do it off the top of my head. I think you will need the updater application which you should have if you tried updating your module with the latest firmware.

You will also need a copy of the basic sound set. I've attached the .pdf of the instructions for updating your module but you will need to find the sound rom file. I don't know were to find that unless it is in one of the zip files on Alesis website? I hope that helps or maybe someone else can chime in with the sound rom.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 10:23:40 AM »
I would try and reload the basic soundset as Hellfire suggests..I see where you did the 8/25/2014 update, when doing so do you follow the instructions for the v1.03 sound rom?

"If you are updating to Sound ROM 1.03 you must first install the OS updates and restart your
DM10.
Please be aware that ROM 1.03 will not install until you have done this