Author Topic: Changed Setup AGAIN  (Read 1764 times)

Online AlanK

Changed Setup AGAIN
« on: July 13, 2016, 08:01:10 PM »
Hahaha, ok, I'm off work this week and decided to reconfigure the kit once again. Got a great idea from a discussion here on using a shorter tube on the left side, plus I had a spare older crash I wanted to add in. First I did some work on my hi-hat stand, spring adjustments and foam pieces under the top hat. Then I took out the lower short bar from the front, replaced the long left side tube with it since I've only got the module on it and it let me move the kit a bit closer to the wall.

I finally added a couple of feet to the kick drum stand (it's from my Laurin drums, I had riser feet on the front of the stand to mate it with the kick pedal but left the back part of the stand on the carpet so the kick was angled and it was a farther way for the mallets to go to make contact). I split the kick trigger and added my extra crash there with the kick 2 channel. I'm able to use the kick and crash most of the time without it cancelling out.. if I hit snare at the same time, I do lose the crash or kick sometimes but I'll move it eventually, if was just the easiest place to add it in quickly so I used it for the time being.

I wanted to get the ride off the rack finally, so I put it on a Sonar hide-away boom stand. My ride was previously on the hi-hat attachment which freed up after getting the Pro X and stand, so I used that for the extra crash in between the upper toms. So now I've got the two crashes that came with the DM10X on the left and back pole booms, the original hi-hat cymbal on the right pole boom.

I velcro tied up the cables leading to the module just after taking some pics so it's a bit neater than this. Check out the lights on the frame behind the kit! I'll post a link to them in action, i'm messing with dmx programming too, if we ever have a jam party or play a gig I want to use my lights. You can also see the blue sparkle wrap and the brown woodgrain Laurin snare and kick. Oh, and there are a couple of mic stands in front of the hi-hat stand and module, in case you're wondering what's in the way.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:04:17 PM by AlanK »
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Online AlanK

Re: Changed Setup AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 08:21:02 PM »
Video is more complicated, so here are a couple of pics of my lights behind the drums.. wife thinks I've gone insane, but a guy has to have his hobbies and toys  ;D  and the kids think it's all pretty cool
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Sal

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:13:44 AM »
DAMN! Just....DAMN!
Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

Offline rhysT

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 11:25:40 PM »
Video is more complicated, so here are a couple of pics of my lights behind the drums.. wife thinks I've gone insane, but a guy has to have his hobbies and toys  ;D  and the kids think it's all pretty cool

I'm impressed Al, although a rotating mirror ball could take the whole experience to another level!

It puts my measly UV pen light to shame (attached to a cymbal arm) for some soft lighting and it's also useful for reading paperwork.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:45:38 PM by rhysT »

Online AlanK

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 09:23:14 AM »
Haha, I know what you mean and I actually DO have a mirror ball type light, it was just out of the pic frame. I was going nuts buying lights to fill my empty void before I got back into drumming and bought the Alesis  8)

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 04:48:45 PM »
You sir, are a nutcase. I love it.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.