Author Topic: Again with the chokables...  (Read 1494 times)

Again with the chokables...
« on: December 22, 2012, 05:45:50 PM »
I know this is a worn-out topic, but I am lost.  I have a new DM10  X and have made my first pass at changing parameters on the instruments, but still cannot get the chokes to work.  I know they are on the crash and ride, I have the two cables plugged into the rides 8/9 jacks.  The ride is set to three-zones. All the cables are in the right places?  What am I missing?  I hit the cymbal and grab the rubber strip underneath and get nothing.  What should my settings be - piezo or switch?  Threshold or sensitivity?  Turning on the choke?  What?  Please help!  Thanks for any advice.

Offline Pier

Re: Again with the chokables...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 04:57:58 AM »
What I can just say is to follow the directions on page 26 of the manual ("Ride Bow & Bell") -- if the cables are plugged correctly and the settings are right... you should get the three distinct sounds from your ride (bow, ride, bell) AND be able to chocke the ride grasping its border.

Let us know

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 06:33:29 PM »
Hello Pier and Merry Christmas,
I am happy to say that I finally found the spot to grab for the choke.  They sure don't give you much to go with and it's difficult to do anything with it due to the hit and miss nature of the switch.  I thought that the DM10 X kit had two chokable cymbals - the crash1 and the ride?  Is there something I need to do to get the crash1 to choke?  Thanks again for any advice.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 04:56:34 AM by Firefightr »

Offline Trondster

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 03:56:47 AM »
You must insert the dummy plugs into the unused holes on the other cymbals.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.