Author Topic: How did you find out about DMdrummer.com?  (Read 18676 times)

Offline Burtmeister

Re: How did you find out about DMdrummer.com?
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 02:03:43 PM »
I was researching my first edrum kit which came down to the DM10 Studio. I came across Hellfiredrums.com because of the mesh head mod, but then I found the link to Dmdrummer.

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 04:13:55 AM »
I was searching for more infos about the dm10 and some previews.
Keyword: "alesis dm10 forum"
Page: 3

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 08:03:36 AM »
I've been looking for info on the DM10, and trying to find some decent videos on Youtube, and stumbled on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBDcL-KVnn8

I'm not a serious drummer of any description, but I'd like a nice kit with a lot of flexibility.  Something I can really have some fun with.  Alesis are the only folk who make a decent drum kit for a decent price and still make it look half decent.

Offline Tsints

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 05:23:51 AM »
While searching for DM10 Studio reviews, I came across HellfireDrums.com.
There was a review of the Pro kit, and Phil mentioned the dmdrummer forum in one of the comments below the review.
Guinness also mentioned the forum in his Youtube videos, so I thought I should give it a try, and I'm so glad I did!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 05:28:04 AM by Tsints »

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 11:12:34 AM »
I heard  about this site from Guinness, and I'm glad I joined.

Offline Wolfsong

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 03:41:41 PM »
Actually I just "followed" Hellfire here.  The manual for the DM10 doesn't really help at all when trying to set up the surge ride cymbal, and I'm still having issues with it.  I grab the choke, and hear the bell.  I hit the bell, and I don't hear anything.  *sigh*.  Oh, I've got the DM10 Pro kit, brand new.  Already updated the software, which I had to call Alesis to walk me through.  Good to be here though - I'm sure I'll have tons of questions as time goes on ;D
Multi-instrumentalist.  I didn't even know there was a word for what I am.  Among other things.

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 06:23:00 AM »
It's interesting. I've used SMF plus TinyPortal for years in my Gaming clan, I'm glad to see that after I purchased a USBPro kit with Surge Cymbals and have been modifying it, and such that this site is using SMF! Good to be here.

...D...

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 10:26:43 AM »
Found vdrums.com when searching for any info. on S&S Industries drums. Started reading the DIY forum there a good bit, and became interested in Hellfire's posts and info., which led me here.

This site is better suited to me because I've been using Alesis gear and reflection-plate style pads for years. Thanks!  8)
E-drum setup: Alesis DM10 Module, S&S Industries Stinger XL snare & Stinger P1 toms, Alesis DMPad cymbals, Roland PD-8 & KD-7, Gibraltar rack/hardware, Tama hardware, Hart Maxxum/Magnum Mesh Heads, Roland KC-350 amp, Audio Technica ATH-M50s headphones

Offline Coaster

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 11:57:16 AM »
As I recall it, I found the URL in the comments on a Alesis DM10 Studio kit vid on youtube.com
Sorry for any noobish questions I might have. At least they hopefully will be easy to answer.

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2010, 06:13:24 AM »
I found this place thru Hellfire's posts and sig over at vdrums...

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 11:25:57 PM »
A little birdy told me.  I think his name was Phil :D
-AxE- (The Axe man, MAN!)

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 11:01:38 AM »
Looking at DM10 post on a french forum (http://fr.audiofanzine.com), found the link to DMdrummer.

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 05:09:19 PM »
i've seen some very intresting video's on the DM10 on youtube by HELLFIRE.
So the forum was a logical step to go to.

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2011, 04:07:50 PM »
Just want to know how people are finding us. Please vote in the poll to let us know. :)

I was searching for info on which e-drum set to buy when i came across your mesh head upgrade vid on youtube, found the link from your website.
DM10 Studio...hopefully soon

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2011, 10:58:41 AM »
I found you while doing a google search from our site rmc audiodirect go figure. We must pop up in here somewhere so I figured I'd give a look. I'm sure I've seen some of you over at vdrums.com but not had much time to do the forum thing lately.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:32:07 PM by Hellfire »

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2011, 02:23:39 PM »
My nephew gave me the link. He said that since I was getting a set of the DM6 that I could get answers that I might have after I get my set. ZZounds wont have any till April 9th.  >:(

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2011, 02:05:15 PM »
New to e-drums, havent played in 15+ years, and thought the DM10 studio (waiting for mine to be delivered) would be perfect to get back into it again.  Found this site while searching for more info Alesis kits.

Offline Conrad55

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2011, 08:47:33 AM »
New guy here (see my post here in the lobby)

I conducted an internet search for forums specific to Alesis.

Had already been over to Vdrums, but the are Roland vdrum oriented, and wanted something specific to the kit I want to buy.

Thanks so much for creating this site Hellfire!

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 11:47:43 AM »
I am mostly a lurker...so far.

I wanted a solid e-kit to be able to play in my studio and after my daughter goes to bed. I love my Alesis HD24 and knew that Alesis made quality and solid gear. I have been doing a ton of research into the DM sets. In googling for DM10 reviews this forum came up.

Thanks to all of you for creating this forum. Mackie has a great forum area and for a while I have wished that Alesis did the same since I have a bunch of Alesis gear.

Thank also for all the DIY stuff you have done. I have a background in EE, which I do for work, so I am looking forward to picking up a DM10 kit and getting right to work. You guys have inspired a ton of ideas.

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2011, 08:15:25 PM »
Hey people  ;D
Well found the site through Hellfires youtube video review of the DM10 pro,
Hoping to order my DM10 Studio this week, if all goes to plan  8)

So decided I'd come on the site and read up on things I should know.
Really looking forward to getting started  ;D

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2011, 11:08:10 PM »
Thanks to my shear lack of edrum knowledge I did a search on google that lead me to this fountain of wisdom known as dmdrummer.com.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:46:31 PM by stongej2002 »
Alesis DM10 Studio /w pearl mesh heads, Alesis Trigger I/O, Mapex Falcon double pedal, Roc N Soc throne, Vic Firth sticks, Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry expansion, Sonar 1x Studio

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules"

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2011, 08:20:42 PM »
I found DMdrummer whilst researching my purchase of the 2011 DM10 Studio Kit. Your review and video podcast was a massive help enroute to eventual purchase and set up. [Thanks Phil!!]
This forum is great and full of loads of useful tips and info! Keep up the fantastic work!
Singing John, UK ;D

Offline drumday

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »
Doing lots of research on purchasing my first edrum kit, stumbled across forum in a search after narrowing my focus to Alesis.

Most useful source, exactly what I needed.  Was horribly frustrated talking with people in drum depts at GC, and it far exceeds relying on customer ratings on web sites.

Thank you for providing this!
DM10 Studio 2011, BBII mesh conversion w/ resistors left in place, Simmons DA200S, ProMark 7A nylon, Sennheiser HD280 headphones, Gibraltar rack, Camco double pedal.

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2011, 02:44:44 PM »
   Hi, my name is Rich and I did search for Alesis forums. I actually returned a DM10, because I liked my DM5 better. Even though it's simpler, I couldn't justify spending the money for the DM10, for features I didn't need.
   I just picked up a DM Pro, and I am now using the DM5, DM Pro and a Trigger I/O all together. It seems to be the ultimate set-up for me now. I get a variable hi-hat and effects from the Pro and I can go USB to my PC, from the I/O.
   Now I just need a Linear Flash Card, so I can load my own samples into the Pro. Can anyone tell me where to look for the best price on a card? Also, am I right, that the Linear Flash card is what I need to load samples? I got all my info from internet searches.

Thanks!

Online Hellfire

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2011, 03:38:13 PM »
   Hi, my name is Rich and I did search for Alesis forums. I actually returned a DM10, because I liked my DM5 better. Even though it's simpler, I couldn't justify spending the money for the DM10, for features I didn't need.
   I just picked up a DM Pro, and I am now using the DM5, DM Pro and a Trigger I/O all together. It seems to be the ultimate set-up for me now. I get a variable hi-hat and effects from the Pro and I can go USB to my PC, from the I/O.
   Now I just need a Linear Flash Card, so I can load my own samples into the Pro. Can anyone tell me where to look for the best price on a card? Also, am I right, that the Linear Flash card is what I need to load samples? I got all my info from internet searches.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum Rich. Its been a while since I had a DMpro but, you will need the Sound Bridge software that originally came with the DMpro to load your samples on the card. I believe it is still available for download on the web. Just do a google search for it. Again, welcome to the forum.